Warning to tx1000/2000 users.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rusty spork, Jul 7, 2009.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Well since you ignored it being said twice in this thread before...be warned you're working yourself toward a ban

2. Zero_

Zero_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I think I've made the grave mistake of -just- ordering a tx2500z from eBay for my studies and only recently discovered this thread. How worried should I be? Has pretty much everyone encountered such severe hardware issues?

Cheers.

3. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Zero,
    With some effort and care and common-sense, you can make your tx2500 last a long time. You might want to start by installing a clean version of Windows, finding the undervolting software and turning off tasks that aren't neccessary.

The worst I get is normal wifi signal in tablet mode but weak in laptop mode intermittently.

4. wtfbollos

wtfbollos Pen Pal - Newbie

i didn't ignore either post!

you first said an announcement was made, but not where it was:

to which i replied:
    but you didn't reply..

then you posted the pic, which enabled me to find it..

my comments were merely on the method of delivery of that info. i am a website developer, php/mysql/css/xhtml.

actually i had started my own thread, but someone merged it into this one..post#2

i do not consider i have done or said anything that warrants such a comment..and don't appreciate it, thx!

5. wtfbollos

...and i still think this thread should be sticky! :D

people need to be kept informed about this problem..

but it is good that the word "WARNING" has been added as a prefix to the announcement..at least that makes it a bit more noticable ;)

...tho i think the links would be better as thread titles, not cold links, so people can use the thread title as a guide as to what would be contained therein, like this (for the first link):

TX1320us wireless problem

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. wtfbollos

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

well my Wifi just died. :(

oh well, long out of warranty.

i'm #405 inthe petition

8. Zero_

Zero_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh man, bad luck, that's horrible. I've been reading around, and it appears a few months after the warranty is finished is when the parts begin to melt to the heat?

9. bilgia

bilgia Pen Pal - Newbie

i bought my tx2500z off ebay from the US around last september, and while it has been running damn hot in balanced with only a few programs like 70-75 (except in power saver), nothing seems to have died on me yet. I just installed windows 7 and fan control seems to be better (dont know why).
    My temps currently with ffox,explorer and hwmonitor running are around 52-53 C on balanced setting. Is this ok?? also I installed GPU-Z but can't seem to get a temp reading on the GPU any one else had this problem?

The fact that so many peeps are having problems now is quite worrying, and any warranty issues for me would involve a great deal of effort (I live in Australia). I hope some kind of solution comes up

10. wtfbollos