Warning: Newest Feel Driver might break EMR Windows system

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazycat, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

When I installed it on my VivoTab Note 8 the cursor was implying that the Ctrl key was active (there was a "Ctrl" tooltip next to the cursor). Also, when I tried to put the device into sleep it instantly woke again. Removing the Wacom driver stopped this behaviour.

2. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't initially care much about Wacom Feel, from OS perspective, all hardware driver are treated equally. My tablet working fine, the problem happen only after I've heard about Wacom feel then try to update it to the latest version as I always do to other hardware. In case you want to try, do a backup and set a restore point. More over, after a driver update, there is a option to roll back in the Device Manager. This way of dealing with hardware driver had been addressed since Windows XP.

If it doesn't work then some thing wrong with your SB, Notebook 9 Pro device.
    If it is the correct electronic chip and the chip is working normally, the is no reason it could't talk to the software that designed for it.

Update:
    There is reason to think something wrong with your Samsung device.
    It is nothing special that Linux can not manage to handle
    https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6r4lbx/the_new_samsung_notebook_9_pro_is_close_to_the/

Update 2:
    If you can upload your /Windows/system32 folder, I am willing to risk up messing my tablet to test Samsung driver on a non Samsung Wacom EMR tablet!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017