Warning: Newest Feel Driver might break EMR Windows system

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazycat, Jun 25, 2017.

1. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I had been using an older Wacom Feel driver version. Recently I had to uninstall it on my Ezpad to test my Yiynova on. Later when I downloaded the newest Feel Driver ( 7.3.4-36) to reinstall, the driver had rendered my Windows system useless.

The system always assume that the Ctrl key, Windows key, or Alt key is constantly pressed, which key is random at time. I'm sure no pen buttons or windows soft key was pressed, and I didn't have keyboard plugged in. It's also impossible to bring up the touch keyboard, pen cursor keep jumping around and I can't make any mark with the pen in art program.

After I uninstalled Feel driver, the abnormality immediately ceased. After I install an older version it worked again but not as well as before (cursor shaking from time to time in wintab program).

One friend with EMR machine also experienced exact same problem a few month ago but I didn't connect it to Feel Driver at the time (she returned her device) . I'm reluctant to test it on my other EMR machine because it seem the only way to completely fix it a full Windows reinstall. My win 10 version is 1607.

Just a head up, anyone still use EMR should backup and hold onto their old version of Feel Driver :)

Spraaq and WillAdams like this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Yeah, I saw the same thing on my TPT2. It drove me nuts until I connected it to my recent decision to update the digitizer drivers. What a mistake. Wacom doesn't make older driver versions easily available anymore, so the most recent older version I was able to hunt down was 7.2.0-10. My T901 is already permanently on 7.1.2-9 because later versions break my Bamboo tablet driver.

Given that Samsung recently came out with the s-pen enabled Samsung 9 Pro, I'm hoping this situation won't last forever. But probably don't hold your breathe waiting for Wacom to fix it in a timely fashion. I can't imagine they care all that much.

crazycat and WillAdams like this.
  3. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Seem like it's a widespread problem on old EMR machines.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/asus-vivotab-note-8-ctrl-key-stuck.72318/#post-502209

This Feel Driver Bug was also hard to pin-point because it only happen a few hour after the driver is installed, not right away. I'm surprised only now this problem started to be known, though probably most EMR user is lazy like me and don't update their driver often.

I suspect this happen after Wacom applied AES compatibility to Feel Driver, and probably they only test this driver on AES machine now ( since EMR seem to have disappeared from the market for over 2 years now, with the exception of Samsung who seem to use a new, more advanced panel).

It's probably time to find that old exe file in the download folder of your older machine and put it on the cloud. :(

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

If anyone needs an older driver I have these which I can make available:

ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-8
    ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-28
    ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-36

ISD_DualTouch_732-12

ISD_DualTouch_720-10

I may have more tucked away somewhere on my NAS?

crazycat and Selofain like this.
  5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ Vā…Oā…„ Senior Member

Wacom giving the finger to their old, loyal customers...

6. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

So that explains the screwiness on my Vivotab Note 8 then. If the previous version could be made available somewhere that would be much appreciated. :)

7. Shiratori

WillAdams likes this.
  8. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

Here's a link to ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-28

Edit: That'll teach me not to read all the posts.

9. Shiratori

I decided to leave the Note 8 without a Wacom driver installed. I can love without Wintab support if it means it'll play nicely. Leonardo runs very nicely on Atom-based tablets, btw. :)

WillAdams likes this.
  10. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member