*warning* do not install latest wacom drivers from their website

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by runningcode, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runningcode

runningcode Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been searching high and low for a fix to my touchscreen issues. Today I tried to install the tablet PC drivers form Wacom's website. DO NOT DO THIS!
    (version 7.01-4b released 8/3/10)

what happens is
    1) the pen has become noticeably lower resolution (can't detect exactly where your pen is).
    2) the touchscreen doesn't rotate properly when the screen is rotated, so while the capacitive touch works in every orientation, all the axes are inverted in every orientation but the default making this damn thing useless!!!

on the flipside
    the wacom drivers have some more precise controls over pen pressure and eraser pressure. what the buttons do and things like that, which is very nice.

2. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a confirmed issue. Do not use these drivers.

3. ken2010

ken2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed them a few weeks ago and now I have the pen issues in 3 of the 4 orientations - I looked under Device Manager to try and roll the Wacom driver back - but there are 5 or 6 things it might be (2 of them listed as Wacom) - which one do I roll back? - None of them say version 7.01-4b from 8/3/10 - but I KNOW for sure I went to their site and installed it.

---virtual touch driver - 1.4.3.0 from 7/7/2009
    ---virtual touch interface - 1.4.3.2 from 6/21/2010
    ---Wacom device - 3.0.4.5 from 5/14/2010
    ---Wacom virtual HID driver - 2.9.2.4 from 9/21/2009

Thanks,

K

4. ken2010

ken2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well - I fixed the issue!!!

I went to uninstall/install programs under 'my computer' and uninstalled the IDT Tablet driver (it's the one from Wacom that the O.P. mentioned from 08/03/2010) and then I re-installed the HP Wacom driver from the HP site and everything works great!!!! - Both touch and pen input work in all 4 screen orientations.

So glad it's fixed!!!!

5. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

For those that have this issue, you may want to link to the correct file, since the HP site has a few of them. Which one did you install, the newest, or?

6. ken2010

ken2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Man!...

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I just want to add that I only recently downloaded the June drivers and I had a great deal of difficulty calibrating the extreme upper and lower right touch positions. I read on another forum that this is fairly common (but not universal) and the fix is to roll back and download the April 2010 drivers (all of these from the HP site. When I changed to the April drivers, everything worked perfectly.

9. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

I swear, between these unstable Wacom Driver updates and the horrible N-Trig drivers for the duosense...

I'm wondering if there is any way to get one of these companies to start taking the Tablet PC market more seriously, and do a better job with regards to quality control of their software support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.