Wallpaper Gyro not available. Other link?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pizzaman, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! Thanks! I got busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to check in. It works great as far as I can tell! I set two different wallpapers and it switches seamlessly between them when I press the orientation button.

Totally great. You are the best, man!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Pizzaman

Thanks--I didn't get a chance to test this one because I haven't installed .NET, but thanks for offering your program openly like this. I'm sure it'll be just the thing someone else needs, even if SHuisman's program is already working great for me.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Okay guys.... we have a reply back from JumpingMINDS re 'Wallpaper Gyro'.
    Looks like the second message sent this morning did the trick in getting a response :)

It would appear the reason the program vanished was when they changed servers.

So the program is now back online and you can all give yourselves a pat on the back for bringing it to their attention.
    They do seem pleased.

here's the link.

Please find below the response I received back from them.

Thanks for pointing out the dead link on TabletPCPost. The link broke when the server was last changed.

Loren Heiny
    JumpingMinds Software

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. wjm0139

wjm0139 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,
    I've pretty much finished the Control Panel Extension last night. Right now I'm on a train with my Tecra tethered to my cellphone for Internet access, but once I get WiFi again later today I will upload the newest version and post a link.

The utility has an extremely small footprint since I split everything up (4500k). It's also tightly integrated into the Windows Shell (configuration is done through the standard Display Properties dialog). The only remaining fix I have left is to add support to preview JPG/GIF images in the dialog, although JPG/GIF files will still be applied as the active wallpaper.

Bill

5. Pizzaman

Interesting...! Please post when you are finished, I'd be glad to try it out.

6. P8RSON

You know..... I'm really surprised no one has picked up on the fact what this topic originally started about and that the problem in question has now been resolved.
    Unofficially that would deem this thread now closed...

I think what I am really saying here is ~ JumpingMINDS have gone to the trouble of rectifying the problem and letting us know....
    Surely that would have resurrected what this topic was about in the first place and deemed a responce!

7. wjm0139

wjm0139 Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is the link for the latest version of my wallpaper changer app:
    http://www.m-networks.net/orient.zip

The zip file contains all binaries, 2 sample wallpapers, a README file, and install/uninstall batch files.

Sorry it took me so long to get this uploaded (I've been in Disney World with my son, so it's been hard to find the time to get any work done)

The README outlines usage as well as details on what registry keys are created/modified.

In this version I have added support for center/tile/stretch, as well as including the Control Panel Extension so that you can make changes from the "Display Properties" Dialog box. The memory footprint of the orient.exe app is still tiny (4,500k). I still have some other fetures to add, namely support for previewing JPG wallpapers (you can still set JPGS as wallpaper, but a preview will not appear in the "Display Properties" dialog.

If you guys have any problems just let me know.

-bill

8. P8RSON

... and STILL no one acknowledges the fact the title of this thread is now back up and running.
    See posts 33 & 36.

9. Pizzaman

Hey, sorry! I didn't see. Thanks so much for your help. Very cool that so many people jumped in to help with the problem.

10. Pizzaman

Wow, great stuff! The integration with the Display properties is really good, and the footprint for me is 3.992 MB.

I think I'll be using this program from now on. I'll let you know if any problems crop up. Thanks so much.