waiting for T5010 in Germany

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by frog, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanchin

zanchin Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered the T5010 on the 24.10., getting the promise that it will come to me the following week (which was quite important because whith this premise I sold my old notebook). That day I also paid the bill...
    At the end of the following week there was no new tablet and uni-notebooks.de (from where I bought) didn't answer my calls.
    So on the following Monday (3.11.) I asked what happend and they told me that the delivery from FSC didn't come last week but will come at the end of this (the second) week. I didn't come but Friday (7.11.) they told me that the delivery was due for the next Monday (today) for 100%.
    But there have still no T5010s been delivered by FSC (that's what they told me) telling they would foward me an email by FSC explaining that they (FSC) have problems with the delivery times because of their T5010-manufacture-line beeing broken (unfortunately I don't have that email yet and it's already closing hour...) and that everything will be delayed for another week.

So annoying to wait, without a computer, and getting the promise that the computer is shipped the next day once everyday. I thought fine: When they ship on Monday (10.11.) then it's like a birthday present coming on Tuesday but no it won't... (have pity on me ;) )

And last but not least the clarivue screen protector that has been delivered on Friday (faster from the US than that ****ty T5010 from 633km away) is damaged. Clarivue really boxed it nicely with lots of bubble wrap, paperboard and stuff, nevertheless the post was able to create a little bending on the screen protector, there's even a hole in the envelope. I sent clarivue some photographs, let's see what they say.

2. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

Zumindest hast Du die Gelegenheit, ein T5010 zu kaufen! Hier in UK gibt's immer noch kein T5010s beim FSC-webstore. Ich warte... vielleicht wird es billiger....

(At least you have the opportunity to buy a T5010! Here in UK there are still no T5010s on the FSC webstore. I'll wait... perhaps it'll get cheaper...)

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

After watching this forum for the past year, I've learned not to expect a tabletpc from any manufacturer to get delivered on time. Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer.

4. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been waiting 8 weeks for mine to be delivered in the UK - same story, lots of excuses but no computer....

5. Ricard

Ricard Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm waiting for my t5010 in Czech republic.. I ordered it at 20.10. and they told me that i have to wait 4-6 weeks from 30.10. :(

6. Stormblade

Stormblade Pen Pal - Newbie

Sei doch froh: Ich habe am 16.09. bestellt -> Bis jetzt immer noch nix und wird wohl auch noch bis Anfang Dezember dauern. Das ist aber nicht die Schuld von Uni-notebooks. Die Dinger werden ja hier in Deutschland produziert, nur haben die anscheinend massiv Probleme mit den Zulieferen. Von daher kann sichs nur noch um ne Ewigkeit handeln ;-)
    -----------------
    Well, you should be glad: I ordered mine at the 16th of September -> Haven't received anything until now and they tell me it'll take until the beginning of December. But that's not the fault of Uni-notebooks. The tablets are manufactured here in Germany and they're having some trouble with the companies, which supply them with the necessary parts. So just wait, it's just a matter of months ;-)

7. zanchin

zanchin Scribbler - Standard Member

That's really crazy... Did you order the "Anti-Glare"? FSC starts to deliver them in December... Because I knew this I ordered the "Glare" - without any advantage as I now know...

But clarivue replied that they wouldn't have any problems with waiting some time. That's a good thing at last...

I was wondering if we had any "clam for damages" against FSC?

8. Stormblade

Stormblade Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, yes and no: At first I ordered the Anti-Glare (~2 weeks delivery time), then they told me that Fujitsu had Problems with getting the Anti-Glare Display from the component supplier -> So I switched to the Glare one (~1-2 weeks delivery time). But after another 2 weeks of waiting I was informed that they had delivery problems with that one as well. -> After that I switched back to the Anti-Glare because if I don't get the Glare any faster in comparison to the Anti-Glare I'll prefer the later.

Good question, but I doubt that you'll have any success in such a campain. After all FSC has never given you the slightest bit of information about their delivery plans -> If you look on their webpage you won't find any information whatsoever about the availabilty of the T5010.

9. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

Funny that - I was given the story last week that what was holding my shipment up was the AG display, so I too changed my order to the non-AG screen.

Apparently it will ship this week, however after reading this thread that seems rather unlikely. I ordered on the 17th of September....

10. victorinox

victorinox Pen Pal - Newbie

my 2cents:

I'm from Austria and ordered my T5010 mid-september. At first there was a waiting time of 2 weeks. This was changed several times. The last date i got was the 20th october. on the 19th my supplier called and told me that the delivery date was changed to december because of the ordered AG Display.

I started a thread whether or not its worth the wait. With those helpful answers i changed the order to the indoor-screen. One week later i got my T5010!

The whole order was made as "BTO - Build to order" directly from FSC.

They are having troubles with the screens and maybe other components as well.

-victorinox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.