wacom's newest tabletPC driver issues!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan_c

jan_c Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally managed to get a video recording of the glitch (unfortunately, video quality is pretty bad, but hopefully it's viewable). Will be sending off a tech support request to Fujitsu in a bit. I'll send a copy to Wacom too.

[​IMG]

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

well done! Let us know if you get a specific persons e-mail in Fujitsu or Wacom tech. If you do, it may be useful for the rest of us to know it and send along our same support request so it gets more attention. I have a feeling Wacom is going to not care and blame fujitsu. Fujitsu might do something if we all make them aware.

3. Tab Rocker

Tab Rocker Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Man. That's a bummer. I was looking for a good excuse to try out Win 8.

I have been going through windows services disabling things and no change so far. I'm going to disable just about every service eventually. The problem for me is getting the tablet to do the cursor jump/random line when you want it to. It's hard to test if you can't repeat it when you want to...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  4. Tab Rocker

That's it!

Wow, your pen 'catch up' looks worse than mine especially at the end. Are you on 32 or 64 bit?

Do you get the occasional random straight line drawn while you're sketching? For me that's most frustrating part. I will be sketching for 20 minutes, look over and there is a stray line on the screen. Other than that the pen pressure and response/lag is pretty good. It seems I had a big improvement after disabling a bunch of services and start-up programs, but it's hard to be sure.

Helpfully this will help get the ball rolling on a fix. Thanks for the video

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  5. jan_c

jan_c Pen Pal - Newbie

I slowed down the video towards the end to emphasize the problem. I am on 64-bit Windows 7.

I've only seen the random straight line glitch when touch was enabled. Once touch was off, that hasn't happened since.

I seem to remember the straight line glitch in older versions of the Intuos/Cintiq driver. Do you have an additional tablet plugged in?

6. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Just wanted to chime in that this is the exact issue I'm having as well. Has anyone had any luck with it? I found that the straight line issue seems to be related to the touch drivers... the system seems to hiccup for a split second whenever it runs the palm detection and stops the touch action. I wound up using a toggle-touch utility to disable touch when I'm drawing.

The only thing I've found that helps is to stop the tablet PC input service so that only the Wacom drivers are running. No virtual keyboard when that's off though.

7. stoneseeker

I mention that work around (disabling the windows tabletPC service) elsewhere in a discussion about this, but it still didn't eradicate the issue, just improved it enormously. Instead of that extreme method, I paired down my start-up programs, disabled unnecessary fujitsu stuff (like fuji menu) and even turned off bluetooth for now since I'm not using it, and things seem much better then when I first got it. Still, when animating in Flash and consuming major memory, it happens more frequently. just enough to b annoying, although I have adjusted to the point where it is normal now. I have no clue if we'll ever figure this one out, and not really sure if Fujitsu will bother to fix it.

8. Tab Rocker

No tablet plugged in. Using Win 7 32-bit.

9. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks stoneseeker, I was finishing up a commission last night and found the same thing. Turning off the service helped, but it still wasn't an actual solution. I'm at the point now where I'm trimming as many running programs and services as possible to reduce that brush lag.

I've been struggling with these issues for ages now, starting with the T901 and now continuing on with the T902. I'm getting to the point where I want to get a hold of the driver source code and take a crack at it, because this is just ridiculous (my day job is programming).

10. stoneseeker

Plognark, if you were to solve the issue through reprogramming the driver somehow I would gladly toss you $100. I'm sure others here would donate a bit too! :)

You say you were experiencing the cursor pen glitch on the T901 too?? Why weren't these complaints surfacing before? What on earth is Fujitsu doing that effects the driver so uniquely? I haven't heard of other devices experiencing this, and it's weird to me that the most powerful cpu in a tabletPC is the one experiencing these issues. Esp since we can limit the behaviour by cutting down on programs runnning. It just does not make sense to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.