wacom's newest tabletPC driver issues!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

The T902 actually has a slightly smaller screen, I think, since it moves to 16:9. But it does have a higher resolution screen, which sounds nice. I want a higher res screen than my T901. :(

And yeah, Fujitsu's cooling systems are barely adequate for dual cores, but all that means is that you won't get sustained full turbo with quad cores due to throttling. Sandy Bridge i7 quad cores are going for less than $100 on ebay. I'll probably pick one up soon.

2. robasgrow

robasgrow Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you're right @Selofain , it's actually slighlty smaller physically, thinking about that higher resolution (I want it too!) made me say 'bigger screen' while it's actually 'just' having a higher pixel density.
    As for the quad core, I found the old thread where user @mimarsinan tried a ffew CPUs and finally said his 'extreme' version of T901 was burning out here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/upgrading-a-t901-results.663890/page-12#post-9114456
    Not sure I'd take the risk to be honest, even if it's tempting :)

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Btw I tried 1920x1080 rescaled on my T734s 1366x768 screen. Looked great, not sure about everyday use - but definitely good enough for my programming needs. The bad - it only works with external 1920x1080 display attached, trying to overcome this limitation now. Stylus works as it should, too.

robasgrow likes this.
  4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Ah yeah, I remember that thread. Hm, I've been sort of lowkey gunning for a 2820QM, but it looks like I should save a couple bucks and settle for the 2720QM. Anyway, I'm just hoping that newer programs can take advantage of the multi-threading in quad cores for a bit of a boost. I don't need the sheer power of higher clocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.