wacom's newest tabletPC driver issues!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

So has anyone ever successfully unplugged the cable that attaches to the board that allows for touch input to disable touch on a hardware level and found out whether or not that would eliminate the cursor glitch?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

No, but remi-VFX managed to take it all apart and take photos for the adventurous. Search his username and look up his posts, its in this very thread some where.

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

You can disable it via software if you can find the right HID in Device Manager. You can then create batch file, pin it the task bar, run it every time you need if off. I'd try that before venturing into tearing the machine off

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. stoneseeker

Thanks, but that is the equivalent of turning off touch in windows 7 through the driver right? In which case it wont help for the glitch. Even when touch is turned off on a software level, touch is still receiving input data (just not outputting) and messing with the driver. The solutions are physically blocking the signal with a glove or disconnecting the touch from the board, though not sure that is an option, we would have to find and ask Remi, who frequents the Companion forum.

5. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

So I am not sure how much this matters, since it seems like everyone has thrown in the towel as far as this glitch goes, but I was just doodling on the T902, WITHOUT my hand touching the screen as I did it, and the cursor glitch happened. Which pretty much puts a skewer in the theory that it somehow is caused by resting one's hand on the screen and touch interfering with pen input.

6. stoneseeker

No, we have noticed it too and its been mentioned in the past. It certainly seems to happen a LOT more frequently if you keep your bare hand on though. Remi had basically broken down that the firmware in our controller boards was sending double packets (corresponded to the glitch) he could observe, but writing a new firmware was outside our ability and resources. The glove just seemed to lessen the amount of packet overloads from the controller. At least that is my terrible lamen's way of summarizing it, but I know he heavily suspected through some pretty solid research that firmware was to blame. The touch merely aggravates the issue.

7. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

Best to just disable the touch and use the pen as we have (for Win7 anyways).

On a side note, has anyone used the Samsung S Pen? I've seen a youtube video where it looks like it is not offset and may perhaps work alot better:

8. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

This thread gives me flashbacks :)

stoneseeker likes this.
  9. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

So anyone noticing the jumpyness with the new Feel IT driver from wacom? it calibrates alot well along the edges but even with the touch turned off, it starts jumping around without me even writing anything with the stylus!

If I hover it over, you can see it jumping about... :(

10. stoneseeker

I'm not using the newest one, since the one I grabbed seems to be working fine and I have too much work to do to mess around with it. I'm currently using 7.2.0-4 and other than the radial crashing occasionally, it works quite well. I don't have the additional levels of calibration though. I may eventually update, but I don't want to screw anything up right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.