wacom's newest tabletPC driver issues!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3phemeral

3phemeral Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems related to whatever I had to do to fix the other issue I had. I didn't notice it as much at first, but somehow, whatever I've done since then has made it more prominent. I would say every 5 minutes for me.

The thing is that it's not only the lag and the ghost strokes, it's also the cursor will vibrate in a horizontal line (with sometimes ghost touches when touch is re-activated) that last for tens of seconds. I have found that lifting up the monitor from tablet mode will stop it. After that point, I'll just move it back down and continue working. It seems to happen less and less as time passes, thankfully. But that means I have to endure the strange cursor behavior during after I've woken it up from sleep/restart.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of interference with the screen and something else when it's in tablet mode. I only seem to recall it happening then, so I'll try to test it out when I get home. I just don't know why this sort of stuff happens at all, really.

2. mrjh000

mrjh000 Lurker

Something interesting happened on my T902 last night. I was using it in tablet mode and tried to use the pen to drag a window across the screen. Suddenly the window moved by itself ahead of the pen cursor, traveled a small distance, and then made a u-turn right back to where I stopped the pen. So I think the pen lag will also appear on the desktop, outside of programs. I also notice that sometimes the pen lag will happen twice, in quick succession, and put down two line strokes when I'm drawing in Sketchbook Pro. This occurs more frequently when I'm making quick, curvy strokes.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I can confirm both these things. I rarely but occasionally see it happen on desktop mode. Though not once since we deleted the Intel RST.
    for some reason Manga Studio 5 causes the pen glitch more than any other program I have!

4. jan_c

jan_c Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a quick note -- I've managed to encounter the cursor jump bug in Linux, several times! I couldn't believe it at first, but after drawing continuously for about 15 minutes, it showed up (it took a LOT of coaxing -- it seems to happen with repetitive stroking, e.g. hatching). So, this is beginning to point outside of Windows or software issues.

Test bed -- Linux Mint 15 (based on Ubuntu 13.01) 64-bit, on both Cinnamon and MATE editions. Happened on both desktop (no applications running) and in GIMP.

5. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

^geez!

I opened up MSPAINT and the task manager side-by-side.

As I drew more with the stylus/pen, I noticed that the memory used by ISD_Touchuser.exe increased. When I would use touch or mouse to draw, nothing would happen, however, the stylus added to the memory used. It kept increasing! Everytime I would use the pen!

Luckily I have 16gb of RAM now so it will take a while to fill up, but this is a BIG PROBLEM! A memory leak issue!

I will read through the 10 pages here to see what has happened, but was there a resolution to this?

6. darkphantom

From the Official T902 thread, I'm moving it here since it is relevant:

The glitch is always the same, two straight lines converging to some point. I use "FlockDraw" alot to draw on. It is a Flash based application (www.drawdevil.com) that is a social drawing board of some sort.

THat is usually where it occurs. Never happened with my T5010. Doesn't happen when I'm using touch, only when I am using the stylus. I think I shutdown ISD_Touchuser.exe and it may have still occurred after that...but I will try to keep an eye on it.

On W7 64-bit...will be updating to W8 on a 30gb partition to see if I like it or not.

7. jan_c

jan_c Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a known bug. I've filed a bug report to Wacom on 4-Jun, and they responded:
    The temporary fix is to disable the Wacom Touch service.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, we pretty much disable ISDtouchuser all the time... or at least, that's what I've been doing.

9. darkphantom

So basically, no touchscreen?

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

the touch screen works fine without the wacom ISDtouchuser service running. Microsoft touch driver is good enough, it makes no difference to have both running. To use touch and not have the annoying memory leak in Wacom's driver, go to services.msc scroll down till you see wacom touch service, (not the Wacom pen service) and right click it and disable it under properties. Now the service won't start up and rack up memory, and you can still keep touch enabled under the normal pen and touch options in the control panel. It won't interrupt the functionality of the touch screen one bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.