wacom's newest tabletPC driver issues!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by stoneseeker, Oct 12, 2012.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Sorry to start 2 new threads in a row, but this is completely seperate issue which needs its own conversation.

I've been force quitting the process "ISDtouchuser.exe" when I am only using the pen, because I was finding it causing glitches and wonkiness when using the pen, even when touch was disabled.

But now, I am finding if I try to leave it on as I draw, the problems start to become more and more frequent as though the system is getting laggy, and progressively corrupting or something. So then I'll go to shut it off and see that it is taking upwards of 500,000 K of memory (private working set) !!!

That's clearly a bad driver, and I wonder if it's a result of fighting with other drivers on here, and if you guys have been having issues with this driver as well? I know it came out fairly recently, so maybe some of you haven't begun using it yet.

So do me a favor, next time your drawing, open task manager and have a look a the process and see what kind of a system hog its being, and let us know if it is creating random twitches in your digitizer experience. I am considering calling Wacom if there is more people than just me experiencing this issue with their newest tabletPC driver.

thanks!

2. mJun

mJun Pen Pal - Newbie

Does the pen cursor seem like it lags behind the pen? Does this happen for about a second only and at random times? Or actually could you explain a little further when you say it acts wonky?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  3. stoneseeker

That is EXACTLY how I would describe it. Actually, I may even expand on that, and say it seems to dart a half inch from my pen tip, and THEN comes running back to my pen as though it had been lagging. Almost as though it goes back in time for a second, and then plays catch up when it realizes it's in the wrong spot.

And it seems random enough, but the longer I use the stylus and run a program, the worse it gets as the process I mentioned above starts eating up more and more memory. Something is definitely bogging down that driver.

Perhaps older Wacom drivers might be worth trying... just not sure how many of them will support the muli-touch as well.

Also, do you guys have the Fujitsu driver AND the wacom penabled tablet PC driver?? Maybe I have too many on my machine, cause I am running both those, AND the cintiq 15x driver! lol

4. mJun

mJun Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh my goodness! This was the first problem that I noticed with the laptop. In about the first week of owning the T902 I posted in another thread mentioning that my pen would create random lines across my canvas. I believe if you catch the cursor doing it's catch up (meaning you put the pen back on the screen) it would create these lines.

I asked if any of the T902 owners were noticing problems with their pen but you all said it was fine. This lead me to believe I may have gotten a dud and had to experience the sh*ttiest customer service ever from Fujitsu.

I have tried all drivers. I've tried the default driver that arrives on the recovery disc, tried the one on Fujitsu driver page, and even the one on Wacom's site. I have yet to see the 500,000k memory issue but I have not had a long enough time to draw.

5. stoneseeker

Is it worth calling Wacom over? I know Fujitsu won't be a shred of help on the issue.

6. mJun

mJun Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess it doesn't hurt to try but definitely stay away from Fujitsu.

7. stoneseeker

called Wacom and tried some things.

first, I deleted all the drivers and ran cccleaner on the registry to make sure I had gotten rid of all the wacom driver fragments, etc.

So when only the native windows tablet PC features were in, my touch and pen worked fine without hiccups. Of course I have no sensitivity in most programs, and I can't allocate pen buttons without a wacom driver.

So next I call Wacom to see which driver they recommend: Fujitsu dual touch driver 7.09 7-47, or Wacom pentablet driver 709-5.

The Wacom rep told me the driver made by my manufacturer (Fujitsu) was most likely more stable as it was crafted specifically for the system, and they cannot guarantee their own driver will work with the tabletPC, as the hardware is out of their hands. (seems a bit like a cop out, but alright)

So I reinstall the Fujitsu ISD driver and test it out. The pen is still performing fine so far, but I know that the longer the system is running/the more I use the pen the more frequent the problem arises. So I mess around in Sketchbook, and then run task manager to keep an eye on processes. Once again, I see the ISD_touchuser.exe creeping slowly up memory ladder. IT starts at a measly 20,000 KB, but continues to rise at a slow and steady rate towards over 70,000K. If history is an indicator, if I run Flash and other software for a few hours while using the pen, it will get up to 500,000KB if I don't force quit the process. So, it looks like the Fujitsu driver may be to blame, and that the problem is stemming from a memory leak in the ISD touch user process. It seems linked to me, but my next experiment is gonna be to uninstall the Fujitsu driver adn install ONLY the wacom driver INSTEAD.

If the problem persists, then perhaps we can blame Wacom driver in general on this machine, or look to other possibilities. Do you guys (Shog, Mjun, and others) who have experienced the digitizer problems notice the same process skyrocketing? Did you also have BOTH drivers installed, or just one? and if one, WHICH one while experiencing the issues??

I'll update when I have had more time to experiment. This is a serious annoyance/flaw when I am using the digitizer all day, so if I don't figure something out, I may return the T902 and insist a refund if I have to. ( I REALLY don't want to, I love this machine dearly otherwise!)

8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I would definitely try ONLY running the Wacom driver, if you've been running two at the same time. That would seem a likely fix to me, looking from the outside in, and thinking of my experiences with Wacom drivers on my x200t.

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I personally don't know if the issue deals with Penabled driver. I never paid attention to how much resources the process eats up over time, but I have experienced other processes that wrecks havoc with Wacom driver in the past.

Like I have posted earlier in other threads, this is the same problem I am experiencing. And I haven't been able to figure out the solution. I have tried all Wacom drivers by themselves, so that will probably not help you.

I do have a plan of attack, but I don't want to try that until Win 8 comes out since it's a scorched earth approach of clean Windows install and only installing bare essential apps. This way I it's easier to avoid whatever errand process might be messing with the Wacom driver (if indeed it's the problem like I suspect).

10. stoneseeker

Well, I hope you can figure out what process is messing with the digitizer, cause I tried having only the wacom driver installed, and the same problem persists: occasional glitches that get more frequent the longer the computer is running... accompanied by a process that slowly gains momentum until it is chewing up over 100,200,500 000K. It never shows any signs of stopping either, pretty sure if I just let it run as long as it could it would eventually eat up all the available memory!

There was a noticeable improvement in having only one driver installed (which one doesn't matter) though. Far less frequent digitizer spaz outs. So infrequent that I could handle this glitch for a while to come I suppose. But it sure would be nice if we didn't have to deal with it at all...

Cmenice, Caderade, have you guys experienced this issue at all yet? And if not, perhaps you could let us know of any software/drivers that came with your computer that you uninstalled or disabled, to see if we can narrow it down... perhaps those who aren't experiencing the digitizer problems simply accidentally fixed it while customizing their install.