Wacom's Dual-Protocol Bamboo Stylus coming soon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kvoram, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that two side buttons I see on the side?

Also, I like how, under replaceable stylus tip, it says "no" while touting the nib set accessory.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Unfortunately, the new pen doesn't appear to have a Bluetooth button to enable one-click launching of apps like OneNote...>>

...Time will tell, but notice that the top appears to be a button and that there is a blue LED just above the metal clip. Add to that the fact that the top section of this pen looks a lot like its (assumed) Microsoft counterpart; that is, it's long enough to contain a Bluetooth module just as the Microsoft pen does.

This is going to be interesting, especially if the Microsoft pen driver already has 4096 / tilt detection capability, of if Microsoft is planning a firmware update to enable these capabilities. And there's also the question of what the IAF of this pen will turn out to be...!

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting.

My guess is having a pen with functional side buttons on SP4 will be very welcome indeed. While there only seems to be rumors of more pressure levels and tilt detection, if true I hope it is well implemented. :)

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Given how in the past some of Wacoms Products have ended up on Best Buy Shelves before even debuting online.....its possible this Dual/Windows Ink Pen might already be in the stores. I'll check my local BB tomorrow.

6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Ah... Best Buy. Lest we equivocate, they also list the fanless Core M-based Galaxy Book 10 as having a Core i5. Best Buy is notorious for such typos and errors in their listings.

7. sonichedgehog360

Same. I was actually planning on heading there to do an exchange on something. I am genuinely intrigued by these prospects. T-minus eight days and counting until the May 23th event!

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not only that i5 typo, all the pics they have of it are of the 12-incher....which makes their June 2nd date for to the 10-incher even more suspicious because so much else is wrong with their listing.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  9. sonichedgehog360

I have a shiny new Surface Pro 4 i7 just begging to test this in Krita. I am] ready and set to try this as soon as tomorrow if it is already on the shelves.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. sonichedgehog360

Yes. I was of the understanding that MPP or Microsoft Pen Protocol was the new name for N-trig in going forward. See here:
    https://sec.ch9.ms/slides/winHEC/2_02_WindowsInk.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.