Wacom's Dual-Protocol Bamboo Stylus coming soon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kvoram, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, I could have sworn the Creative Stylus 2 was old, but I was thinking maybe they refreshed the line without changing the name.

Part of me is worried that they chose not to release the dual-protocol pen under the Intuos brand. Does this mean we are going to get a button-less body and lots of 'colors', in lieu of the Wacom hallmark dual side-switches and 1g tip sensor?

Praying this is not the case.

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think we may see a release of the Wacom's Dual-Protocol Pen very soon. Nicely timed with Creator's Update launch.

Just a few days ago a new Pen from Wacom has passed FCC certification. The documents do not say anything specific. In the filing it is called only "Active Stylus for Tablet", it has Bluetooth and the model number is CS 321-A.

The model number CS 320 is the Bamboo Smart version for select tablets and 2-in-1 convertible devices. Since Wacom already said the dual-protocol pen would be part of the Bamboo line, maybe this is it?

Source: https://fccid.io/HV4CS321A

It has also passed certification from Bluetooth SIG three days ago, but no additional info there either: https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=34865

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I wonder what pleasant surprises Redmond, Silicon Valley and the tech industry at large will reveal to us tomorrow or if it will be just another Windows 10 Update release date...

4. sonichedgehog360

I know this was just for laughs, but have you @surfaceproartist or Lisa at @MobileTechReview ever considered making Patreon accounts for your respective sites? You might get a better additional financial flow besides the paltry penny trickle greedy Google barely pays out.

5. sonichedgehog360

@kvoram, @surfaceproartist, how probable do you think it is that we get any of these features that the G13 concept pen had that Wacom floated about last year?

Link:
    http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2016/5/12/tantalizing-new-details-of-upcoming-pens-revealed

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've considered it, but I've had so few people use the Donate button on the site, I doubt that many more would click a Patreon one. Patreon would also create the expectation that I would offer patrons some additional content or at least early access which I can't really afford to do.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  7. surfaceproartist

8. surfaceproartist

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Is this the mythical unicorn at last?..>>

...Sure looks like it; from the Best Buy site:

"Compatible with Windows 10 pen-enabled devices (MPP/AES)
    Bamboo Ink is optimized for Windows Ink and it works with a broad range of pen-enabled devices.

Ergonomic triangular design and soft-touch surface
    Provide a very good in-hand feel.

Three different nib types - soft, medium and firm
    Allow for a personalized, authentic on-screen feel to choose for your individual writing style: every stroke will be a precise digital reflection of your ideas.

Bamboo Note app
    With the Bamboo Note app you can switch between handwriting, typing notes, adding images and more.

Nib kit included
    Comes with a choice of different fine tips (soft, medium, firm)."

Not sure what this means, though. Does it mean Wacom and Microsoft compatibility?

"Compatibility
    • Brand Compatibility Universal
    • Model Compatibility Universal"
    Strange that it would just "appear," with no apparent hype. Especially when BUILD was just going on. Also interesting; nothing listed at the Microsoft Store...?

Definitely have to put this on my "things to get" list...!

10. surfaceproartist

Mine too. I can't understand the communications strategy around this thing. At least we have a part number now for future Google searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.