Wacom Smart Bamboo (AES) for 2-in-1 Devices went live...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dceggert, Jun 8, 2016.

1. edlu

edlu Pen Pal - Newbie

hey surfaceproartist, thanks for your review of this Bamboo pen.
    I got an Acer Switch alpha 12. The pen from Acer is crappy, the drivers not working properly and the writing is jittery.
    Acer has digitizer provided by Elan. According to this chart (http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2016/8/16/ultimate-active-es-pen-compatibility-chart) Spectre X2, uses Elan digitizer too. So one would think bamboo pen would work there. What's your thought?

Or do you know any other compatible pen for Acer Switch alpha 12?

In my previous devices ie. HP2710p or HP 2740p, I used to get Wacom drivers and though would work, eventhough HP did not list those.

help is much appreciated.

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@edlu Sorry to disappoint to you, but the important part is the Pen technology being used on the digitizer, and the Acer SA12 uses Synaptics, not Wacom. The Elan panel on the Spectre X2 or Miix 700 still use Wacom tech. So with the Acer SA12 your are stuck with that pen.
    Scroll through the Acer SA12 thread for more infos:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/acer-aspire-switch-alpha-12-s.69500/

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Corn

Corn Pen Pal - Newbie

@kvoram Does the Acer Aspire R14 use Synaptics too? I was hoping to buy the Wacom Bamboo Smart... but wasn't sure if it was compatible.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Smart soft nibs are still pretty hard, are there any soft nibs that are as rubbery as the old EMR Feel soft nibs? I still have a lot of those soft nibs, maybe I'll just grind them down to the Smart nibs' dimensions.

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just wish that I could find a source for the grey Smart soft nibs --- down to my last one, and not looking forward to switching to the hard black.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

not these?

WillAdams likes this.
  7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep those. Someone else posted a link to some other nibs being back in stock, and I took the chance and looked through and found them last night and ordered 3 packs. hopefully good until I replace the machine.

8. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

Can these still be found anywhere? I absolutely hate the feel of the default hard plastic nibs on my yoga but haven't been able to find replacements or alternatives anywhere.

9. Dweam

Dweam Pen Pal - Newbie

Wacom is selling some AES pens through Best Buy that seem to work on my lenovo miix 700. I'd maybe bring your device to the store and see if they have any setups with them to see if you can get it to pair.

My device wasn't even on the list of compatible products and it worked fine. The pen has a softer nib than the one they used to sell that is specified in this thread.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wacom-bamboo-ink-smart-stylus-black/5731102.p?skuId=5731102

10. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply, I went into Bestbuy to check out the pen, and found out that not only does it work with my yoga (the 14 from best buy), but the nibs for it fit my Lenovo pens. Instead of snagging the pen I grabbed this from Wacom https://us-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Accessories/Nibs/nib-kit-for-bamboo-ink#/undefined1

I really miss how cheap and wonderful the old felt nibs are... These new ones are a headache to find and was too expensive...

WillAdams likes this.