wacom september 21st

Discussion in 'Artists' started by andya147, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

notice on the facebook page of Wacom usa they have an announcement on the 21st ..could it be a skylake version of the companion ,maybe a 22qhd cintiq..notice it has a picture of the comanion ..what with the ipad pro and pencil and also the soon to be released surface pro 4 maybe Wacom are goin to release something special maybe even price cuts or maybe not much what do you guys think

https://www.facebook.com/Wacom

2. Riku

Riku Pen Pal - Newbie

>.< I just got my cintiq lol. I kinda hope it is the skylake version, maybe faster or better battery. If it is, hopefully they will let me upgrade it. It is within the 30 day period for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  3. andya147

andya147 Scribbler - Standard Member

it would be nice if it was ..it makes me thing it is something to do with the companion line as there is also the picture on the title ..skylake would make sense and give Wacom a real lead in the tablet artist market

4. Riku

Riku Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anyone see anything new? I'm not sure if the price drop on the 22" cintiq is new or anything.

5. Scot Solida

Scot Solida Pen Pal - Newbie

It's just a 48 hour sale offering an additional $100 off of refurb Companions.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Around noon time they posted a pic to their Facebook page for a "48 Hour sale ($100 off) for refurbished Cintiq companion 1's" bringing the price down to $699 or something

Considering that September 21st announcement ad has a picture of the Cintiq Companion 1, I'm guessing that's what all the fuss was about

However I checked the e-store and they didn't have that sale price up yet, and the ad they posted around noon is now gone.

7. Riku

Riku Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah. Thanks. I was really hoping for skylake or something lol. Makes sense though. Those refurbs seem to be plagued with problems according to the other thread. I'll stick with my cc2 tyvm.

8. Scot Solida

Scot Solida Pen Pal - Newbie

You're not wrong about the problems. I ordered one on the 25th of September. It worked only a couple of days before the power jack failed. I am now waiting on a replacement, but am likely to return it and buy a CC2.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  9. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

So lame. A price drop. Whoop de woo.
    Wake me up when Wacom finally gets around to releasing a tablet display with 200+dpi.

stoneseeker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.