Wacom question

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by kruzilla, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi All,

Well, I'm still looking into a good tablet for artwork purposes. Are there any tablets out there besides the Modbook that have 512 levels of Wacom sensitivity or more?

2. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Im not sure on the tech specs of it... but the c-140x has WACOM, and only WACOM, no touch screen. You may want to look into that one. Its also got the biggest screen and performance in a tablet convertible, 14.1in widescreen. Up to intel dual core 2- 2.4 ghz processor, 4 gigs of ram, etc...

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've got a feeling that most current wacom (doesn't matter if it has passive included as well) have 512 levels of sensitivity, but don't have drivers that support this. Not absolutely sure - correct me if i'm wrong

4. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

AFAIK, it's a firmware thing. The latest WACOM firmware (which can only be installed in-factory) is said to have added support for 512 levels. So it COULD be, that most current tablets with WACOM have 512 levels, but no one seems to know for sure.

5. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks guys. Do you think it would help to just email a manufacturer (I'm kinda leaning towards that new Gateway) to find out exact pressure sensitivity? Or maybe email Wacom themselves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.