wacom Pen fine tuning & tweaks, total pressure levels?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tly80, Jan 10, 2012.

1. tly80

tly80 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

Just got my slate, and trying to get it to work like I want.
    I have been trying to find way to fine tune pen pressure sensitivity and pen button mapping, like on a normal intuos. But here I can't seem to find anything in Control Panel. I know some mentionned the ISD tablet manager, but it is nowhere to be seen.
    All I could find is a small GUI made by someone to hack into the wacom .dat file.

Another question, does anyone know the real number of pressure levels this slate has? So far to me it seems it is only 256, and I must say it is not quite as confortable as on my cintiq. Is there a way to hack into the possible level of pressure? I think i read that somewhere but just can't find it back...

Also, the pen button is by default set to "right click" which suits me fine, but I can't get it to work: I just got small circle appearing (vs the big one that appears with touch) whenever i press it. othing happens other than that...
    Anyone else got that behaviour too?

thanks everyone!

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

3. holesinhead

holesinhead Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same issue ... you need to press the button and touch the tip to the screen while holding the button.

4. tly80

tly80 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks guys. This behaviour is not consistant with their other products, which really weird to me.
    I had found this page Steve, and used the tweaking tool. But I was wondering if there was anything else than "fan" made tools (ie wacom....)

5. Steve S

<<...I was wondering if there was anything else than "fan" made tools (ie wacom....)...>>

...No.

6. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

Not sure who/what you are referring to by "their," but this is exactly how most, if not all wacom tablet pc's work.

I should know. I owned 6-7 different tablet pc's.

7. Steve S

<<...This behaviour is not consistant with their other products...>>
    <<...this is exactly how...tablet pc's work...>>

...I was about to make the same comment, but g2tl beat me to it.

The tabletPC is not a Wacom product. It is a Microsoft concept, implemented by a variety of OEMs using a series of groundrules and guidance established by Microsoft. Wacom builds their digitizer component to comply with these groundrules.

Wacom's graphics tablets are their own invention and as such, Wacom was free to implement them as they pleased. Thus, the pen / digitizer capabilities and behaviors are in some ways similar and in other ways different.

Although many aspects of pen usage combine the familiar pen-on-paper paradigm with the functions of a mouse, the tabletPC and the Wacom graphics tablet are two different products that just happen to have a pen device in common. That's as far as the "consistency" goes...

8. tly80

tly80 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well excuse me for my ignorance. I've owned 4 different wacom tablets, but this my first tablet pc.
    First of all, i am very disappointed that wacom doesn't involve more into the products that uses wacom technology, and that tablet pc constructors/microsoft don't consult them more. I was quite baffled by the wacom vs windows calibration problem. This is completly stupid and after already some generations of tablet PC, I still cant believe that they havent released an unified system that would allow me to use my tablet to full capacity...

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Computer manufacturers buy tablet components only and not a total package from Wacom. Besides, tabletpc is a completing product with Cintiq line. Therefore, you won't see any unified stuff.

10. tly80

tly80 Pen Pal - Newbie

I didnt mean merge their line, I am fully aware a cintiq and a tablet PC co exist (i now have both).
    But when I got my tablet PC how turprised I was to see that you had to do some tricks to calibrate it and it's not even working properly at the end.
    Who is to blame on that? It looks like neither wacom or microsoft cares to do anything. My cursor is at least 2-3 mm off the tip of the pen and it's super distracting, borderline unusable (for art).