Wacom Pen App for Windows 10 Modern UI

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shogmaster, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Anyone else able to download this? It's a modern UI version of Feel driver and utility. It doesn't reside inside Control Panel like the older Feel driver package. You can access it via Start menu.

Somehow I guess I accidentally downloaded it from Korean MS site because I added Korean during set up of my new machine? Nothing comes up when I search US MS store under "Wacom Pen". In my Start menu, it says "Wacom Pen" but in Korean.

WacomPenApp.jpg

thatcomicsguy and WillAdams like this.
  2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I have a SP5 with the wacom bamboo ink, but tired to find it and the only thing that comes up is the Bamboo Paper app, Lenovo pen settings, and a paid app called tablet pro pen settings. Speaking of which I need to order another bamboo ink as mines stopped working. Ugh

3. Shogmaster

I don't think it will work on Surface Pro anyways. Despite the name, it's really just a Modern UI verison of the Feel driver/utility, which requires either AES or EMR digitizer at least. Even with them, sometimes Wacom won't make the Feel driver compatible with your device (See every damn Samsung Windows EMR 2 in 1...).

Maybe someone with access to Korean or Japanese Microsoft Store can check if this app comes up on their end?

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Do you think it could also be on the European or Aussie app store too? Is there a reason why no Feel drivers for Samsung?

5. Shogmaster

Maybe? Dunno. My bet is Korean and JP stores first.

As for Samsung and Feel driver, my time fool hat says Wacom didn't want Samsung EMR taking money away from their overpriced Mobile Studio Pro so they witheld.

6. Shogmaster

Found the link!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wacom-pen/9p32cf64v70c?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab#

Someone please try it on a Wacom digitizer device that doesn't have Feel driver support at the moment. Anyone with say Samsung EMR Windows 2 in 1 like Notebook 9 Pro or Galaxy Book 12" would be welcome to try that link and install it plz. Let us know the results.

Thanks.

UPDATE

Nevermind. You need to install the Feel driver before the app. I guess the Yogabook C930 set up did it without me noticing it.

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I don't have access to the MS app store because I nuked it. Is it possible to share it here? (Does it even do anything?)

8. Shogmaster

It turned out to be just a Modern UI shell got for existing Feel utility. You don't need it at all.

WillAdams, thatcomicsguy and Marty like this.