Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Stalio

Stalio Illustrator

artistebot likes this.
  2. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

My Yoga 500-15IBD GT940M with Jot Pro 2015 running macOS Sierra

3. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Im seriously considering the 13" folks.

Besides the PWM thingy, are there any other issues that Id be better off knowing before commiting to it? Or is everything running smoothly, at least with the 13" one?

4. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Pick the M1000M one, I just have GT940M in my Yoga and it encode quite fast if you reduce the output quality a bit

5. dream3

Yeah it will absolutely be the 13" one. 16" with quadro is too bulky for my needs.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages between the Entry 128 GB/i5 and the Standard 256 GB/i7?

6. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

WACOM Email Support is very poor :/

To recap, I had my MSP 16 replaced due to the 0% brightness flicker. I called by phone due to the severity of the issue, plus emailed them videos. They quickly agreed to replace it.The new unit still has a flicker, but arrived with a new issue. The pen has a mechanical issue that causes a consistent click/pop mid stroke, very annoying.

To address the pen issue, I figured email support would be enough. On Jan 23rd I sent them a description of the issue and a video. After 40 days nothing has been done except two cut-n-paste driver instructions that had nothing to do with the problem and treated the MSP as a tablet connected to a computer. Here's how things have gone over 40 days:
    1. After 11 days they sent instructions to disconnect the MSP tablet from the computer, uninstall drivers and reinstall them. I corrected them that the MSP is a computer and that the pen issue is mechanical, not software. They apologized for the misunderstanding without addressing the issue, leaving me hanging.
    2. 5 days later I requested an update and they sent the same instructions again, from the same person, so confused. I pointed this out and the support member was going to check with their next level of support for options.
    3. 22 days later, no promised update.

Alayna likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Can you describe the click/pop problem in more detail?

At the risk of being an ass.., I can sort of sympathize with manufacturers to a degree. -There is an element among some consumers which might be characterized as a near cousin of hypochondria or OCD when it comes to their brand new products. -Qualities, like "keyboard flex" and "light bleed", which can be argued to be design faults, but which manufacturers didn't give much attention to or think were going to make a difference to the bulk of their customer base. -Things to consider for the next generation maybe, but which cannot realistically be addressed within an existing product release.

8. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

With the pen, if I make a stroke upwards or downwards, mid-stroke the pen will make an audible click and a pop vibration. The rotation of the pen seems to effect it, but happens every time when the buttons are facing the screen. Not to be confused with any noise from a loose tip when contact is made or lifting. I can place the pen tip down slowly to avoid all sound, hold light to medium pressure, then very slowly make a stroke causing the click/pop. Feels like a tension pop, not something that is loose or shaking.

Here's a quick video. At around 40 seconds is the really slow test.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  9. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all,

a few questions for owners of MSP 16:
    . anyone can test if the 'Art Pen' is fully recognized on the MSP (with the barrel rotation) ? the compatibility list doesn't mention MSP but maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

. any feedback with Substance Painter, Maya/Max & Unreal Engine/Unity ? how noisy is the fan when working ?

. is Touchkey working (with simultaneous pen and touch) ?

thanks

Marty likes this.
  10. dream3

any feedback on that?