Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. piotrnikov

piotrnikov Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey! I solved my multiple random @#*$ crashes by doing this tweak https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comm...ease_video_ram_by_4x/?st=IX25FK89&sh=86edd0e8

Apparently it's graphic card related and has to do with the amount of VRAM allocated to the Intel GPU. The tweak solved everything for me.

2. Alayna

Alayna Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone found a fix for the screen flickering at 0% brightness yet?
    Or does anyone have a model without that flaw?

I'm on my third MSP 16 512, and every single one I've had has this issue. I am sending this one back, too. It drives me too crazy when drawing. I want to exchange this one for another but I think my odds are very high of getting another machine with this problem. I wonder if every machine has it, or if Wacom will ever have a work around.

3. Mormolycia

Mormolycia Pen Pal - Newbie

Interested in doing something like this with my cintiq but I'm not sure if I can trust those command strips :thinking:

4. Stalio

Stalio Illustrator

Honestly I got something like that just the first day, then I didn't get it anymore; I installed all the driver updates.

5. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

Trust me, you can trust them. I've been adjusting and pulling in that thing since day one, with care of course, and it has not shown or felt of any sign of getting loose.

I was worried when I saw that one guy use command strips on his heavier MSP 16 using a similar set up and he was confident on its ability to hold so I took a chance as well. Honestly, after messing with it for the first 20 minutes trying out every angle I stopped worrying about it since. I sleep well knowing it won't fail on me. I recommend it.

Edit: I use 8 strips (2 per side), you can add more to secure it more but honestly 8 is enough.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. mumbowumbo

mumbowumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 16 i7 and have no flickering issue far as I can tell. Maybe it's a software issue that requires an update or two?

7. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would try to get a specific answer from Wacom whether the display uses PWM (pulse-width modulation) for controlling the brightness. If it does, than this issue will be on every unit. PWM is somewhat subjective in experience, not everybody sees it or feels disturbed by it the same way.

8. cartoonmonkeystudio

cartoonmonkeystudio Pen Pal - Newbie

Scratch that throttling issue. I had messed around with power plans, got frustrated and reset windows 10 entirely. Now the 16 does great even on balanced power mode.

WillAdams likes this.
  9. Stalio

Stalio Illustrator

Wacom Touch Ring: Brush Size Adjustment Not Working
    Does it work for you?

10. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

2 quick questions peeps:

1- Does the 13 inch suffer from flickering too?

2- how easily does the new etched glass get scratched? Anyone thinking about getting a screen protector?