Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. eatboxman

eatboxman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys. I have the 16". Was wondering if anyone is worried about the heating? Like, in a year over time, do you think the overheating could damage the insides? I think out of all the ways the MobileStudio Pro would die, it would be from overheating the most.

2. daaaaaaac

daaaaaaac Pen Pal - Newbie

The colors on my device (mobilestudiopro 13 512) are very saturated in comparison to my macbook pro 15 and also the ipad pro. Is there any way to change it..? Thanks!

3. Brashen

Brashen Pen Pal - Newbie

Go into tablet properties and you should find an option there to change it

daaaaaaac likes this.
  4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

In general this shouldn't be a concern for your main hardware (CPU/GPU, RAM etc). Intel CPU's and other major components are made to withstand a LOT of heat, and all have systems in place to shut themselves off before they will ever get damaged. Heat can effect performance in the moment if thermals are poorly handled, and one part that CAN take a hit from heat is usually the battery... but the main system is very unlikely to be permanently effected by heat. A far bigger concern to me with Wacom hardware is their track record of picking cheap parts for assembly like the infamous AC pin in the power socket of the CC, and other small things that break down with common use scenarios.

5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Agreed.

The Wacom track record for is spotty. Time will tell if the MSP is less prone to hardware failure.

I still love using my CCH. I have access to two of them and one has the cable/charging port starting to fail. I don't know how to fix it as it appears nobody has taken one apart.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It depends on the graphic card but generally you need to right click on the desktopand select graphic/display properties. Intel for instance has a panel where you can change a serie of things like gamma, brightness and contrast.

daaaaaaac likes this.
  7. eatboxman

eatboxman Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info! Yeah, sure do hope they did it right this time. So far so good! Will we survive the beta test? Hopefully.

8. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

A summary of the MSP 13 from the guy that found a carrying case:

9. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  10. KennyJenkins

KennyJenkins Pen Pal - Newbie

Ive been really happy with this bag

http://www.ebags.com/landingpages/tlsprofessional

it fits the 16" and all the accessories quite safe on commutes, and its # of areas and pockets are expansive

new question: where is the 3D software thats supposed to come with this? I got documetnation for the year of PSCC but didnt see any mention of the 3D scanning software. Ive been playing with the SDK from intel but would like to exploit the stuff thats included.
    K