Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

Let us know if you do since you still need to carry around the annoying ac cable and brick to connect it.

Question, do Cintiqs run on Windows 7/8.1/10 through bootcamp on macs? I can't find that answer anywhere.

2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now that's a big one! In my drawer of protable batteries, the 170Wh Bixpower was the largest I ever got: http://www.bixpower.com/Bat-BP170-p/bat-bp170.htmhttp://www.bixpower.com/Bat-BP170-p/bat-bp170.htm
    That one has the benefit of having roughly the same footprint as a laptop, so it is easy to simply stack it on top.

I had been eyeing the Omnicharge Pro for sometime. The features are great. It was also just approved by the FCC, and judging by the internal photos looks to be well made. Holding me back is the included fan (could get annoying) and the lack of USB-PD since I don't know if my next device will need it.

Regarding a USB-C charging adapter, AFAIK there is nothing on the market yet to make a regular barrel-port charger/power bank compatible with USB-PD. But Dell announced an USB-C charging adapter at CES for the new 7285 2-in-1, which can output either 5V (max 1.5A) or 20V (3.25A). Judging by the specs it might work with the MSP:

Dell Adapter: 7.4mm Barrel to USB-C
    "Leave your USB-C power adapter at home and charge your USB-C powered laptop with the commonly available barrel power adapter. Simply connect your laptop with the Dell Adapter 7.4mm Barrel to USB-C to any Dell-branded 7.4mm barrel power adapter and start charging right away. Small and light, this adapter takes up minimal desk space and can be easily carried around in your bag."
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&sku=470-ACFH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, is it safe to use those new drivers or should I stick with the ones I have (which are working pretty well for me--knock on wood)?

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

dumb question...is the MSP outer shell plastic or metal?

5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For those looking for a case for the MSP16, I stumbled upon this video:

TL;DR this is a very affordable ikea case, with nice compartments, that fits the MSP perfectly. ;)

(Credits to Monster Repository)

artistebot and Brashen like this.
  6. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

it is metal but the bezel around the glass is plastic

artistebot likes this.
  7. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw this, but I don't recall if he mentioned the MSP 16. So I checked his other videos and the one about his MSP was for the 13. Checking the bag, the max width appears to be smaller than the MSP 16.

8. Brashen

Brashen Pen Pal - Newbie

Kind of wieRd he didn't mention the size

9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Apologies, the IKEA page said: "Fits laptops max. 17”, depending on battery size" so I assumed it would hold the MSP16.

Verifying the exact dimensions:

IKEA FÖRFINA
    Product dimensions
    Width: 20 cm
    Depth: 3 cm
    Height: 38 cm

Width: 7 ¾ "
    Depth: 1 ¼ "
    Height: 15 "

MSP 13
    Weight 1420 g / 3.13 lbs
    Size 367 x 229 x 16 mm
    (14.4 x 9 x 0.6 inch)

MSP16
    Weight 2200 g / 4.85 lbs
    Size 418 x 262 x 19 mm
    (16.5 x 10.3 x 0.75 inch)

(So according to the specs even the MSP13 wouldn't fit, haha.)

But yeah, it looks like it actually a perfect size for the MSP13...still a pretty good deal for 10 bucks CAD. :)

Brashen likes this.
  10. Brashen

Brashen Pen Pal - Newbie

Still havent been able to get the penholder working and I've yet to get an answer from wacom, if any of you kind gents or ladies could elaborate on that I'd be most grateful. Also managed to send 2 whole days working on storyboards for a tvc, Ive realised I'd like a bit more resistance akin to the intuos tablets, I know some of you are using screen protectors to do this...