Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Which features trouble you the most? I can probably suggest some ways to mitigate any annoyances, as I've adapted many Windows installs for various machines and usecases.

Also since you love the device, why not give it a bit more time. Finding the "perfect tablet" is a special thing, many of us have been searching for decades and still not satisfied... :D

2. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

I AM satisfied with the hardware but the software is ruining basic tasks like trying to install Photoshop and it decides to reboot in mid process just to name another thing that happened.

I've spent more time messing with it then actually using the pen and I can't enjoy it. The "perfect tablet" will most likely come in the form of an ipad pro with the pen for now and a future MSP2 or a hacked MSP with windows 8.1 or OSX will be my dream machine but honestly I will be 100% satisfied having the Cintiq Pro 16 hooked up to my iMac for now and just sketch on the ipad when I leave my room.

Thanks for offering the help though but I just happen to be that 1% of every product that doesn't sit right with them despite the many many pros.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You gotta do what you've gotta do, Vagrant but I'm sure it took you more than 24 hours to learn the ins and outs of MacOS. Give it a little more time, stop trying to foil the operating system and ask questions. We're here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalio likes this.
  4. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, I used the gray tip that was included for maybe a day. I swapped it out for the black tip that comes with the pen and then changed my mind and put the gray one back in. For some reason now, every time I try to use the pen with the gray tip it kind of goes berserk. It's as if the side button is constantly being pressed. It selects things I'm not choosing, minimizes things, etc.

Naturally, I wrote Wacom to complain and their response was, "the nibs do wear out and will need to be replaced". Am I wrong to be absolutely furious?

5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

you're better off doing a custom installation. turn everything off during setup and get familiar with god mode and maybe registry editing. i do this and enable things if i ever need them or want them. i like older desktop experiences, not into cortana or that. everything can be configured how you want it, it just takes a little time. i do this and take control of updates/reboots etc. cant have this thing updating without my permission. sometimes windows tries to load outdated drivers, im usually way ahead of the Microsoft driver push.

just dont sign on with windows live and you go straight to the OS

you could load OSX but its not any better and in some ways worse because there is no touch support.

but honestly , maybe the ipad is more what you are looking for. its more consumer friendly. this cintiq is more for power users.

6. VagrantTrail

Wish I had the same first experience as I first did with OSX (messed with everything within 20 minutes and rarely touched the settings after that) and smooth sailing from there.

I'm gonna give it another 24 hours and follow your guide step by step and reply back tomorrow.

Like *sigh* damn it Microsoft, how do you go from making 8.1 work so great to this mess?

Well, I AM a power user. I actually kinda love messing with these kind of things (i used to build computers in the past) but when I set something and it doesn't work and/or decides "nah, you don't want it off" and turns on by itself and things open up and auto reboot without warning I lose my patients.

I've already messed with regedit multiple times only to have the results not work. Never had this problem with past windows OS.

It's not that I prefer the old ways its when the OS tells me the feature will turn off only to NOT turn off is just dumb!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

mine does not have those touch issues. im on 6.3.18-5 driver. one back from current. maybe try rolling back and see if that helps.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@VagrantTrail my advice is the exact opposite of DaniJoy's. Do the least amount of premature tinkering possible. Let the OS do its thing and get to know how it's supposed to work before messing with it. Only after you're thoroughly familiar with day to day operation would I advise going into registry edits, etc. At this point it sounds like you've already attempted changes so it might be advisable to start over with a PC reset.

@DaniJoy I worked out my touch issue by switching to Windows gestures in the Wacom driver's touch settings panel.

9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So it seems your two main issues are disabling the automatic updates/reboots and login screen:

For disabling automatic updates, Right-click Windows button on taskbar > Run > type "msconfig" [enter] > Services > uncheck Windows Update:

[​IMG]

If doing from a fresh install, I'd recommend doing 3 full rounds of updates before disabling the service.

For disabling the login screen, Run > "netplwiz" > uncheck "Users must enter..."

[​IMG]

It will ask for your password again and afterwards, should automatically log you in at startup.

EleArt likes this.
  10. VagrantTrail

Okay so I followed your article plus your advice and let Windows update and set it to defect future updates so it seems to be working well now. What I set in regedit now seems to work again. I don't think i'll need to reset unless needed.

I've done these steps at first multiple and each time it either didn't work or auto start again but now after I let it do its thing it seems to function and now I can focus on less tinkering and start installing my programs.

So far no trouble and I think I gained a little more battery life.

@DaniJoy thanks for the god mode suggestion. Messed with like 5 things and now I'm content. Not happy YET but content.

Thanks all for your support. I'll check back tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hoping my experience turns around soon and I can call this my ultimate drawing tablet.

EDIT: I'd suggest you guy turn on the feature where touch is disable when the pen is detected. Ignores everything unless you move your pen away and it works great but I still need a drawing glove to prevent false palm inputs.

DaniJoy likes this.