Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

So guys, how's the drawing experience been so far?

Love to hear from those that just received it. I'm waiting to get mine real soon and super excited.

2. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, applied my Photodon protector with minimal dust specks (I think there's two but I really don't notice them). Man I wish they'd figure out a way to apply a screen protector without spending an inordinate amount of time pushing the air bubbles out.

It's a bit odd because the Wacom pen feels different on this screen than the pen for my Fujitsu does on my t935. The latter feels more like paper. I guess it's the difference between the pen's tip materials.

Otherwise, the cursor accuracy is great but when I flip it for the eraser it's much more offset. Anyone know if there's a way to calibrate the eraser?

3. eatboxman

eatboxman Pen Pal - Newbie

do you know if they give the one year warranty? I don't think I trust a seller that's not the company itself, especially with a $3000 item... Tempting! I might though.
    I sent an email to wacom service, asking if they know how soon a new stock will arise. This is their response:

I appreciate the request and the interest in our devices. We still do not have an approximate time for the tablet to be back in stock, we are trying to have more units as fast as we can.

Please keep checking online.

Geovanny
    Customer Support Team
    WACOM
    855-MY-WACOM (855-699-2266)
    http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support

4. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

The etched glass screen of my 22hd was my favorite pen to screen feel, add the insane 4k screen and almost no paralax im in drawing heaven. Its so clear that i have drawing program and reference window open on same screen and feel i still have enough room to draw.

On another note i picked up a different bag and it fits perfect!

20161209_194806.jpg

5. animan

animan Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you get the Photodon screen protector for the MSP?

Applied the CC2 Photodon screen protector on my 13" MSP. The CC2 screen protector is a little bit wider, but the length is perfect. It is sticking out a bit on the top and bottom since it won't stick to the curved bezel. It will eventually come out and will need to get a good permanent screen protector for it.

Overall, I am loving this thing. The pen feels much more accurate than the CC2, screen is brighter with more vibrant colors, and drawing with the pen is a real pleasure :)

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Etched glass? On the 22HD?!? o_O

dv8nathan likes this.
  7. VagrantTrail

VagrantTrail Swarming Colors Metastasize

That's so awesome to hear!

Wacom is killing it with this new product and they just raised the bar on the digital painting experience overall!

Still waiting on approval from my bank to raise my limit so I can buy one ASAP.

8. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh, I gave them all the different measurements of the screen and had them make a custom one. I'd be happy to share the pdf I filled out.

9. EleArt

EleArt Pen Pal - Newbie

The one year warranty comes from Wacom, you just register the device. I simply could not wait a minute longer, if it were not for everyone being out of stock and actually paying less than 3k for top of the line, I would have purchased from Amazon for the ease of returning an item if something went horribly wrong.

10. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

After using a bit of water, I noticed the marks cleaned up a bit, revealing two hair line scratches.

I'll notify Wacom to see what they say, but it's not a deal breaker if everything else is good, like backlighting.