Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. tableton

tableton Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you , but only to confirm , you can jump to one monitor to the other using one of the ExpressKeys , I ask this because in the companion 2 it was not possible , it was possible only with the cintiq 13HD for example but not with the companion 2 ( only If you used it like a normal cintiq )

In the studiomobile pro specs wacom says that display toogle works only connecting to a pc or mac like a standard cintiq mode

( Display Toggle : Yes when attached to Mac or PC using optional Wacom Link)

In companion 2 it was a big problem for me

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a tweet of someone ruining their pen win a screen protector, granted i dont think it was photodon but just a thought.

https://twitter.com/NihongoGamer/status/802539613214490624

animan likes this.
  3. animan

animan Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow... Thanks for the heads up! Never thought a screen protector could do that in 3 hrs. :)
    Not sure if would like to take a chance now, though I would hate to scratch-up the screen.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yikes!!!! I've used a few different screen protectors on my CC2 (not Elecom though) but I've never encoutered nib wear that bad....nor can I recall ever seeing nib wear that bad in such a short time frame.

Granted its using different nibs....but given how easily Wacoms old nibs were at scratching Cintiq Screens generally....I can't help but feel alittle scared for general nib wear/screen scratching for the MSP in the long haul.

I hope its more isolated to just that Elecom screen protector......and other screen protectors don't have the same issue.

On a related note....in absence of Wacom offering replacement nibs for the MSP....I'm fairly certain the MSP pen is using the same nibs used in the Bamboo Smart (EMR) Pen. More expensive then what Wacom most likely would charge for replacement nib packs......but the $40 would be cheaper then getting another MSP Pen.

5. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, my Photodon should be here today. I've never had/seen damage like that before on my other table PC's but then I've never owned a Cintiq of any kind before either. Hopefully, it's resigned to only that particular Elecom screen protector. I'll keep you guys apprised though.

neongolden likes this.
  6. dv8nathan

dv8nathan Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok. So i couldnt figure out how to map display toggle to a button but it is an option on radial dial. So i tried it and now my pen.is stuck on the other monitor and i dont know how to get it back, lol.

Attached Files:

7. KennyJenkins

KennyJenkins Pen Pal - Newbie

anybody seen any good dependable multi-hubs that work with USB C yet? I picked up a cheapie with USB C, ethernet, hdmi, but upthread Im reading about people successfully using the device ala wacomlink with an attached computer and Im wondering about a mini-displayport adapter would work?

At home Im have mac/windows hardware but if I use it at work it'll have to work with a mac.

heres my current stand solution - works good for when using as desktop replacement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GCTGFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and heres the first hub I got, all ports work fine, when I tried connecting the MSP to a external mac with a usb and hdmi connection it didn't work as a wacom link. Somebody upthread seemed to get results with a C-C connection

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YT6O9G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this device is really the nicest PC I've ever owned, very happy about getting it, now to sell all the stuff it replaces!

dv8nathan likes this.
  8. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Received my 16 i7 16gb 512gb today.

Noticed these two small marks on the upper right corner of the glass:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h74e99d1a4g8sny/msp-glass-mark.jpg

I can't tell if it's a scratch, dust or some other flaw. It's hardly noticeable and thankfully no over the screen, but at this price, shouldn't be there.

Anyone else experience something similar?

9. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

That's not familiar to me. I double checked mine and found nothing. Not even with a magnifying glass.

Those definitely look like scuff marks / scratches to me. Unless you were wearing a watch or bracelet while handling the machine, they shouldn't be there. It's entirely up to you if the tablet should be replaced over them.

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Can't really tell anything from the image.

Shine a flashlight at the marks. If they're reflective, they're scratches. If they're matte, they're smudges over/under the glass.

If they're smudges over the glass, take a microfiber cloth (the silky ones used to clean glasses, not the rough ones used to clean floors), lightly spray it with water (do not use soap or alcohol or cleaning solutions), and gently try to remove the smudges.

Art_N00b likes this.