Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mumbowumbo

mumbowumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Just letting folks know, I did put an order in for the i7 16 inch. I'll let you know what I think once it arrives. If there's anything in particular you'd like me to test (that won't involve installing strange software or voiding my warranty ;), I'd be happy to do so and report back. I'll also likely be making a review video on my YouTube channel.

steven, Azzart, thatcomicsguy and 3 others like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but a Quebecois accent is nowhere near as classy as a European French one. ;)

(Shhh...don't tell anyone or I'll get skewered over here.) :D

Vlad1214 likes this.
  3. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, a little E/N:
    My application to Klarna was rejected for not having "12 months of revolving bankcard payment history", which I'm assuming means credit history. I guess I was supposed to lease a Ferrari first :(

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  4. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Welp, my 13" i7, 512 is on its way. I'll keep you guys posted.

5. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I guess the only unanswered question for me is whether or not the volume toggle is still reversed for lefties.

6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

yeah i pulled the trigger on the 16" 512 model. could not resist the longer warranty.

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Look forward to your review @DaniJoy!

DaniJoy likes this.
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Out of curiosity, were you able to calculate how much extra the extended financing would cost for you in the long haul. Even if it's spaced out over 3 years, $700+ is quite a bit of extra change just for a longer security blanket.

9. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

10. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

For fun, I wanted to see how big the new MobileStudio Pros are, from the body, screens, and resolution scale.

Using my Cintiq 27QHD, I scaled the stock photo of a 13 and 16, plus a Vaio Z Canvas to real world scale.

The 16 has a 1080p image of Modo's interface on it, or what would be 200% scale I think. The 13 and a Vaio Z Canvas display Modo very similar at what would be 175% scale.

The mockup shows how large the 16 can be, but also offered the best comfort in terms of workspace and scale as I pretended to hover over it. The 13 inch starts to feel a little small for this kind of software. The Vaio's aspect ration created a cramped experience in Modo. Also, the real Vaio has a glassy screen, combined with it being slightly dimmer and the dark Modo interface, not the most pleasant despite how gorgeous the screen can look.

So, this video quickly shows the size between the two, back and forth, and a hand with a pen over the screen area.

Art_N00b, kvoram, steven and 3 others like this.