Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. animan

animan Pen Pal - Newbie

Just pre-ordered the 13" i7/512 GB from B&H. There are showing availability on 11/24... can't wait :)
    Wondering how much I could get for my i7 CC2 on eBay.

BTW, one of the 16" models is showing in stock on the Wacom site.

thatcomicsguy and Art_N00b like this.
  2. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Art_N00b likes this.
  3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

4. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

The 16" i7 is available now in germany as well and the i7 version costs 3200€. I'm sort of tempted to buy it now to be able to claim it on this years tax deductables but then i'm looking over to my cintiq companion and remembering all the issues i had with it and i'm hesitating.

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

The one with 8 or 16gb of ram?

6. Stalio

Stalio Illustrator

It's available for me in Italy, the big one 16 512 GB

€ 3.280,57

7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

The 512 MSP 16" is up for sale since early this morning in the USA. I tried to order one through the klarna credit, but it's not an option right now. No way I'm paying over 3000$ for a wacom with a one year warranty. I called them up, they could not provide specifics but mentioned that likely around Black Friday the mobile studio pro 'should' be available on credit, with extended warranty option. Worth the wait considering the companions poor reliability IMO

darkmagistric and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I contacted Wacom last night, too, and the guy I spoke with said he thought financing might be available next month but really had no idea. I also contacted their finance company and they also don't know if/when they'll offer financing options.

DaniJoy likes this.
  9. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sadly, what was the point of the whole "Sign Up Here" to be the first to know? They'll probably send out notifications a few days later, right when the model you want is sold out, lol.

Disappointing about the financing not being ready. My recent chat indicates it's a known issue and being worked on and should be fixed soon.

Here's my recent WACOM chat, asking about financing, separate warranties, and accessories. I colored coated the important bits:

ME: Hi, will there be a extended warranty options for the new MobileStudio Pros? I noticed the financing option advertises "Free Extended Warranty for duration of loan (up to $235 value)." That sort of implies there's a separate $235 warranty.

WACOM: Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. My name is _____ and I will be assisting you today. That is correct, but that warranty applies for purchases through the financing option only.

For example if the loan is for 2 years, the warranty is extended for those 2 years.

ME: Thanks, I'll probably do the financing option for the extended warranty. I just wanted to confirm Wacom wasn't going to start offering it separate.

WACOM: That is correct, just with the financing and for the time of the loan.

ME: And in the fine print, it says the extended warranty continues, even if paid off early, correct?

WACOM: Let me verify that for you. One moment please.

ME: Thanks, Here's a quote from the page " In addition, when financing your purchase, it will be covered by the full manufacturer’s warranty for the duration of the financing period, up to 36 months from the date of shipment, even if you pay off your loan early."

WACOM: Yes, that would be correct.

ME: Great, and would you happen to know when financing is available for the new Mobile Studio Pro? It's not a payment option during checkout, others have reported the same. Do you have any recent updates regarding this?

WACOM: Yes, I am sorry for that.

It is a known issue. It has been reported and our team is currently working on that.

ME: Thanks. Lastly, do you know when accessories will be available for it? Such as the link device to connect it to computer for Cintiq mode?

WACOM: They should be available soon, however we do not have a specific time at the moment.

ME: Okay, once the financing is available, hopefully it will be available for that, or at least within 30 days to test it during the return window for the MobileStudio Pro.

Basically, I'd be worried about ordering the MobileStudio now and not having a chance to test the Cintiq Mode functionality before the return window ends.

WACOM: Understand. Yes, and the financing issue should be fixed soon

ME: Oh, will there be a carry bag designed for the MobileStudio Pro 16? Last question, I promise :). Thank you for taking your time with this.

WACOM: Yes, there will be a case for the MobileStudio.

10. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Btw not having the stand or sleeve or case included could turn out to be a good thing if one or more 3rd parties provide high quality versions of these. IIRC there were even 3rd party stands for the Companion, but with the MobileStudio Pro shipping without a stand, the incentive to bring one to market is even higher.

siddhartth likes this.