Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I updated my site with new images and a trailer video.

Marty likes this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

What intrigues me is the "4x more accurate" (compared to the Pro Pen 1) claim:
    [​IMG]

Does this mean the LPI resolution on the new EMR boards went from 5000 LPI (from @Shogmaster's table) to 20000 LPI?!

That seems hardly believable...so perhaps it is a combination of an increase to 10000 LPI and a doubling of the polling frequency from 200Hz to 400Hz?

Edit: Accuracy spec also highlighted in the trailer @0:11

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'd just like to point out the press images are very misleading, because the shown screen area includes the inner bezel.

[​IMG]

Lol, I wish the bezels were that thin! This is borderline false advertising imo.

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

€3200 for the 16" higher end model. They can keep it.

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Jesus Christ the display has a response rate of 25 ms, I can barely tolerate my 16 ms display. Sheesh, I remember about a decade ago buying a Dell Ultrasharp 100% Adobe RGB display and thinking "8 ms response rate? Oh well gotta compromise for wide color gamut." 25 ms is pathetic. For example if you're watching (or creating) a 24fps video, then each frame is going to be blurry from the previous frame for 50% of the time - 24fps, approx 42 ms per frame, of which 25 ms you're still going to see ghosting from the previous frame!

Never even consider buying this unless they replace the display panel.

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

7. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A Wacom tablet PC with dedicated graphics!? Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

...Well, maybe not. Let's see what the Quadro M4000M can do in the grand scheme of things:
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-M4000M.151579.0.html

Last-gen Maxwell architecture? I'm guessing that's just because NVIDIA doesn't have any Pascal-based Quadro parts for them to use, otherwise Wacom has no excuse.

Still, that and what sounds like a massively upgraded EMR digitizer make this a real tempting option indeed, not that I can afford the $3,000 configuration any time soon. But I've always bought a few generations behind the times simply for cost reasons; this just gives me something to save up for a change.

Now, I'm not sure where you got the details on the response time, but yeah, I didn't know they were still making panels that slow nowadays, unless they're VA and not IPS or TN, anyway. Still, I understand your pain as someone who's utterly spoiled by CRT motion clarity.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

By the way, the Cintiqs and Intuos had an accuracy of 0.25mm, I'm assuming that by "4 times more accurate" they mean 2x horizontal and 2x vertical for a total accuracy of 0.125mm. To which I say, what took them so long?! I think at this accuracy finally I won't be able to see the difference between where I place the pen tip and where the "ink" appears (assuming that there's no parallax as promised).

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

And finally - no Thunderbolt 3? Pass.

10. Tor

Tor Pen Pal - Newbie

$$$ 16:9 (and still only a fat pen option)
    Still interested to see ho mush of an improvement the pen actually feels

Wacom as her niche covered, in what seems to be a re-release off the same thing.

How about a light fanless tablet that can work as a cintiq (could even be Android).

If (or when) Microsoft or Apple come with a better Pen. Wacom will go the way of the nokia, just faster