Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone experiencing issues with Cintiq mode lately on PC?

“No Input Signal” is shown on the MobileStudio Pro when connected to a PC desktop. Wacom Desktop Center shows the MSP 16 is connected, pen and touch work fine on the main monitor, but it doesn’t see a screen if you try to edit display settings. It doesn’t show up in Windows and Nvidia settings, sometimes rarely it will during the problem, but as a generic display with no resolution choices, no picture, though it sees it below 640x480 at 6bit.

Connections:
    • USB-C (center) to USB-C on 2080 RTX. Always worked before
    • Wacom Link (not Plus) with USB 3.0 and DisplayPort on 2080 RTX. I thought if the USB-C virtual link was a driver issue, then surely this would work, but same issue.

Randomly fixed?
    • Usually after an hour or two of reinstalling Nvidia drivers, trying older versions, reconnecting cable, reboots, restring Wacom settings, reinstalling or updating, the MSP randomly works in Cintiq mode.
    • When I first had this occur around November, I reconnected the cable a few times, and out of frustration I reversed the USB-C cable it worked. So odd, and of course that has no effect, so i feel it is completely random when it starts to work.

Randomly stops:
    • Monday I got it working through trial and error as stated above, even continued working after a few reboots and into late Tuesday. I step away from my computer for 30 minutes and the no input signal has returned.
    • I wonder if Windows starts the issue after putting the displays to sleep and then it never wakes up or detects the MSP display after.

Works with MacBook despite this issue on PC:
    • just to be sure it’s not the MSP and/or the port, it goes into Cintiq mode perfectly fine on the lowest spec MacBook 12.

So anyone else experience a “no input signal” error with Cintiq mode lately?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Swelling Battery Issue:
    • Symptoms: Display starts lifting or rising on one side (side with express keys)
    • Wacom may still repair this out of warranty. (They did for me)

If you are out of warranty and have this issue, I still recommend contacting Wacom support.
    Explain to them you are experiencing the "known" battery swelling issue, explain how you can tell (I used before and after pics), and that you previously updated the firmware they released to prevent the issue (assuming you did). Basically, word it to make it clear they know about this "manufacturing defect" and the "danger" it poses. Also provide the serial number (On the box or hidden on the side the MSP, super tiny, within the vents.)

When I emailed Wacom, here's their initial response (Not once was my warranty ever mentioned):

Thank you for contacting Wacom customer support. We are sorry to hear that you have troubles with your tablet.

Please reply this email with your current shipping address and follow the below instructions in the mean time:

• If it’s plugged in, unplug the device immediately.
    • Turn it off
    • Do not charge or use it at all
    • Do not apply pressure to the lifted display
    • Store it in a cool place (this means don’t put it in the sun!)

Luckily, to support my case, I had taken photos overtime. Comparing between Jan and July showed it had risen more, and was not static manufacturing defect. Though, by then I also found I could slide thin objects under the screen. A month after contacting Wacom, when their repair centers reopened, it was even worse. I turned it on for 5 minutes to grab some files and also noticed discoloration in the display (yellow circles in 2 corners and dark shadows near center left)

• They provided me with a pre-paid label and I shipped it back in the original product and shipping box (Just MSP and AC Adapter).
    • When it came back the screen was perfectly flush, no color issues and change in bleed, plus no new scratches or blemishes.
    • My Windows 10 install was still there, so they didn't erase it like they said they would
    • A driver required an update, as the pen and software were not working
      • After update, pen worked, but not touch. Wacom Desktop Center sees my MSP, but the Wacom Settings control panel doesn't recognize anything, so I can't change the pen or touch settings.
      • I've tried resetting Wacom settings, uninstall and reinstall, but no luck.
    Short Version
    • Wacom repaired my swelling battery for free out-of-warranty

Art_N00b, Steve S and Marty like this.