Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

One look and I knew the design was crap! Very weak from Wacom! Surface Pro built in stand is magical!

2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

IMHO, not magic at all.

Simply Wacom is unable to stay competitive in stand alone devices WO their EMR technology. They seem stuck in regards to costs vs return with their own hardware.

3. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I just can't tell if it was always there from the moment I had it, or there was an adhesive that wore out. I couldn't find any residue or crust, so... do they just drill a hole from the side and insert the rod, assuming it will stay? I'm not an industrial engineer but I'm pretty sure there are other, better ways to do this. One fine day, I just discovered it hanging halfway out and had to push it back in with my finger.

It doesn't slide out incredibly easy on its own, but easy enough to where losing it is still within the realm of possibility.

Looking forward to input from other stand owners if there are any around...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. neongolden

Also, not to keep thread bumping (I've been the most talkative here for the past few pages), but I hope the intention with the stand design is to make it compatible with future generations of MSP. I feel optimistic, but it's weird how it ended up not being compatible with the Cintiq Pro 16. Maybe I don't recall correctly, but I thought the original plan was to have it suit all three devices (Pro 16, MSP13, and MSP16).

I'm afraid I'll have to immediately hop onboard if the MSP16-2 features a microLED screen. Samsung apparently still has to debut it on a TV later this year. I hope it doesn't take long for it to go into Windows slates (lol).

YVerloc likes this.
  5. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe a silly question but does anyone know if I can hook up a regular Cintiq (considering getting the 21 or 22") to my 13" MobileStudio Pro? I need a bigger screen for business and ergonomic purposes.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I can't see any problems: I used to have a cintiq 27 attached to a Cintiq Companion....

7. neongolden

Is anyone receiving erroneous pen inputs after installing the latest drivers (6.3.29-4) on MSP16?

My cursor is spazzing out on a regular basis, literally interpreting my brush strokes as the Hand (panning) tool or a regular mouse click. It seems to happen very reliably after invoking the Radial Menu with the pen's side-switch.

Also wondering if the latest cumulative update for Win10 has anything to do with this (KB4089848) where they claim to have addressed an issue with the "press and hold feature when using a pen in Tablet mode". Hrrrm....

Submitted support case with Wacom in the meantime of course.

8. Azzart

It's windows 10 fault.

9. neongolden

Oh, seriously? Thanks, that gives me hope it might be fixed on Monday (or earlier).

10. Azzart

You should be able to uninstall the latest update and postpone it for a month just to be sure.

neongolden likes this.