Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got my stand in today. It does come with a spare connector clip kit and a "how to".....however......if only says to change the clips "IF" you are having trouble connecting the stand.

I bought my MSP13 within a few weeks of its original release so its one of the earlier produced models.... and mine clipped in no problem.

So far....it seems nice......significantly higher quality then the CC2 Plastic Stand.....alot smaller and takes up very little space. And when transporting it....keeping it attached flat to the back of the MSP is quite stable and secure...unlike the CC2 and its stand that had a habit of getting dislodged very easily.

However....given the more impressive engineering that went into this stand....I still can't help but think they could have easily rigged something that could have offered more flexability beyond just 3 stand positions.

DaniJoy and Art_N00b like this.
  2. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

About built in stand options. Maybe they didn’t want to consider one without the guarantee it would hold multiple angles without flattening no matter the amount of pressure over long periods. Since this is designated more of a workstation and pen use than most 2-in1s, it really has to hold the angle you set. It would be terrible if the angle you pick constantly flattens overtime, especially angles that are near flat.

DaniJoy, darkmagistric and Art_N00b like this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

All they would have to do is employ a Surface Pro styled Kickstand....with some sort of locking mechanism to keep it from flattening over time or added pressure.

4. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

My stand was delivered today, though, I want be home until Friday night. I'll be sure to share some thoughts on it too. Hopefully I won't have to swap the connectors on the back.

DaniJoy likes this.
  5. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I just had to ask, does anyone know how to map the toggling of layer opacity in CSP to the MSP's touchring, or alternatively, a specific brush property like opacity/density/paint load? Can it be done? I seriously haven't been able to find out if there's a macro for it, or if the only option is to grab the GUI slider by hand.

This could be very amateurish, but I seem to have reached a stage in painting where I'm needing to adjust layer opacity after almost every brushstroke in order to get as close as possible to the desired transparency for it to blend with the underlying colors. It's been a bit of a headache to have to keep the layer window close at-hand, and constantly go back and forth between it and the actual drawing.

6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

Really happy with my flip steady stand and case for the MSP 16. I know the guy has some issues filling orders, but its worth the wait. its a work of art and functions perfectly. So far very durable, light and does not make the tablet more bulky in the soft case. Now that i have used it a while its super fast to setup and move around. this has changed my world when i work mobile.

7. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this help? https://ask.clip-studio.com/en-us/detail?id=2877

neongolden likes this.
  8. neongolden

Thanks a bunch.
    This could be a little embarrassing, but I can't find the opacity anywhere under Shortcut Settings in ENG 1.7.3. I definitely don't see it in the short list under Auto Action, and so far I haven't found it under Main Menu after checking under everything layer related. Are they using an unfamiliar terminology for it?

It clearly looks like the one guy was able to find it and assign it to "Ctrl+ ] or [" so it must be there. That's also what I'm going to need; I don't think it will work if I have to press individual # keys, as some seem to be doing.

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

For the brush opacity, in Setting area: Option
    Then under Tool property palette-> Ink

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    neongolden likes this.
  10. neongolden

^
    Thanks a bunch. I just set that up and it's pretty nice - definitely better than nothing - but I'm still finding that I'd prefer to mostly keep the brushes at the settings I had for them, and instead adjust the layer opacity for those moments when one needs the colors to mix precisely.

In my case, I'm not sure yet if this is saving me much time (by comparison to doing it with lots of layers) because there's still a lot of guesswork, a lot of tedious trial-stroking involved, after changing the brush's opacity with the touchring or otherwise. You can only infer so much from glancing over at the changing preview of the stroke in the GUI as your changing its opacity.

So hopefully there's a similar shortcut (that isn't num 0-9) for layer opacity that I can find tomorrow. I'm out of time for today. :(