Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Wait a sec!
    I mean, if the mobilestudio is attached to the mac, it's the wacom that's a second display to the macbook. A cintiq using the power of a m3 cpu.
    Isn't even the most basic mobilestudio pro 13 already more powerful than that?

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Although technically correct, the MSP would be indeed running off the Mac’s hardware, despite that the Mac would still take the submissive role as 2nd monitor since the pen can’t be interacted with it.

3. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok so apparently my card should work, I have almost the same specs!!
    (z370instead of z170 but i have the Alpine Ridge header which is needed to make it work)...

Except i don't understand japanese but i don't think it's that necessary for this video ^^;

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Marty likes this.
  4. donbartolo

donbartolo Pen Pal - Newbie

Just for completion: it works.
    I still have some problems but this must be driver/bios issues between video en thunderbolt card.

I changed my Belkin cable with a Thunderbolt 3 cable from the Apple Store (0.8m).

It detected my Wacom Tablet once i used only ports from the GC Alpin card and not from my videocard (GTX 1080 Ti)

After that it recognized also if i have my monitor connected to my videocard and the tablet connected to the USB- CThunderbolt port.

Like mentionned by other people, i can only have video signal from my tablet after booting my computer with tablet plugged in.

One really strange problem i still have: after a few minutes of use my MSP shut down the hard way (with a whoooch sound from the fans that doesn't sound very healty). Battery fully charged. Never have that problem unplugged from desktop.

WillAdams and Marty like this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member