Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. ati3

ati3 Pen Pal - Newbie

WillAdams likes this.
  2. cartoonmonkeystudio

cartoonmonkeystudio Pen Pal - Newbie

I am totally trying the passthrough thing!

:-o

3. ati3

ati3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I managed to disable secure boot,and enable legacy,and boot from USB DVD win7x64, but stuck at the loading screen with "starting windows" message and the four colored logo spots in the middle,same thing when booting from USB stick with uefi compatible win7iso...I presume some kind of driver is need it to be loaded for win7,or just simply win7x64 installation is blocked since I do not find the "csm" option nor the "other OS "option in the bios or at least they are labeled differently if not disabled or hidden. It is pretty irritating to live with this laggy win10 full of bloatware and all kinds of fancy and useless things devouring up resources and conflicting and bullying drivers and other useful programs ,

it is totaly humorous to see how "we evolve" destroying and leaving behind things that worked well for "the sake of utopistic progress" ...let's admit win10 is a message for what is prepared for us regarding our freedom ,chances to chose and creativity in the future...so for those who propagate and are willing to give up their freedom ,you better hope that the "despot up there at the hight of apoteozis,will be benevolent with a wery illumined mind" :) sorry for bringing the subject to other grounds but this is how I feel and Microsoft and Wacom and every major company who have influence and monopol should think twice before putting people who support them by creating things into same bandwagon with those who give up ,and cannot bypass their "fallability" for "just consuming" and not giving back nor contributing ... I mean this thing cost a lot of time and effort to obtain the "money" to buy it and trust from our part that seems to be considered "blind trust" from their part treating and feeding us like labrats with no choices.,

it should be a "tool" not a shiny toy playing games with gems and watching movies, wasting time on social media and browsing to purchase and consuming useless things... and sending in personal information to be used as "st'atistic'$" .
    I really hope this msp16will serve me at least as half as my old intuos 3 and cintiq21 did without headache's and wasting time as I used to working in win7x64 enviorment.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Win7 isn't the safe (ish) place it once was, some of the nefariousness of Win10 has been implemented in one way or another in Win7 and 8.x.

Win10 is one of the best things to happen for the Linux community in recent years helping to increase adoption for various distros.

I would indulge your ethical arguments but apparently that's not welcome here by some. I agree with the premise of your argument, and it can only lead to a bad place in the future for independent developers and users alike imho. I'm not sure what they think will happen if they convert everyone to mindless consumers...who will be left to produce that which shale be consumed?

5. ati3

ati3 Pen Pal - Newbie

for anyone who want a cover and a stand for the msp16, i recomend the flipsteady cover/stand it is wery sturdy ,and stabile ,however it is problem when you want to place the msp16 on a stand setup like the ergotron arm for ex (in my case) i had to figure out a way so i do not have to strip down the flipsteady cover from the msp ,since it is wery tight and time consuming to remve all time,so i made a stand that i attached to the ergotron arm and i just slide the msp with the flsteady on into the plate/stand that is attached to the ergotron arm,i have fixed a strip that came with the flipsteady to the bottom of the plate to prevent the msp to slide and fall off the stand(i do not used that neckstrap aniway,it is werry horrifying to hang this machine by that strap on your neck )

the "office" setup that i built for the msp when i am using at home IMG_5366.jpg

and the flisteady in action (credit for the pictures ,made by previous owner) IMG_5369a.jpg

strange thing hapened,after i had to admit to that i have to live whit this strange thing called win10, i tried to repartion the ssd since i didnt like it how it came,but windows didnt let me do it as i desired 330gb for partition D, and the rest for the System C ,so i decided to reset the machinne to its factory default to clean up the data of the previous owner.
    All went fine with full cleaning option of both drives,the machine worked properly drawing was lag free etc then suddenly notified me that need to restart and install the updates...so i restarted the machine,finished to update win10 then i wanted to work again,guess what ? drawing had lag and exporing folders too...this damn thing messed up a bunch of drivers in the background and who knows what else did,because i noticed some strange things, when i opened for the first tme to register the msp on wacom website and ask a link with the original drivers strange add sugestions started to pop up like find dentist cabinets in my area etc , website sugestions to buy "backpakcs"...i said wow thats strange so mcrosoft stores browsing data from my other devices probably and pushing adds on me even when browsing on my brand new device,the strange thing is that i didnt type anything related abaut dentistry etc, BUT! my wife called me and we talked about apointment at dentist cabinet, but i repeat i never browsed for anything related,just talked on the phone while drawing on my msp...i dont know if this is a coincidence or just a slight sign of early paranoia ,or this creepy something called cuortana is registering voice and decoding data after keywords, in romanian dentist is writen and pronounced same as in english...another strange thing is that the touch keyboard is sugesting words and replacing some letters with letters that are specific to the other main language i use Hungarian,altough i didnt made any keyboard nor language modifications and during win10 setup i left everything at default english even the location ...

so went to youtube and watched few wideos how to disable updates and make this abwhore courtana shut up for good...wich i did from the settings,then tried to see what is causing this significant slow down,and why the screen is brighter significantly at balanced powersetting than on high performance..i was just wasting my time again,so i said ok,factory reset/and i keep the msp off the internet connection from now on...and for my next surprise win10 gave error each time i wanted to make factory default reset and reverted the win10 to its last state,i have to mention that i didnt made any fancy nor forced settings to disable updates and that courtana thing....i ended up downloading win10 trough microsoft official usb tool and wipe the ssd,repartition and reinstall win10from scratch and the drivers manualy since the ssd was wiped ,now the msp is disconnected from internet,and i use my asus vivotabnote for browsing on the top of my msp ,the slowdown is and lag is gone everything is ok,except that only balanced mode is wisible in power options,no power saver,nor high performance ...and i canot get the searchbar instead of that courtana thing..... :D probably she got jelous and pisseed off that i tried to put a hijab on her face like the newly erected...pardon elected saudi prince did to "sophia" the newset animatronic citizen with A.I ( and lots of "silicone inplants") of S.A and NeOM shcity :D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 6:17 AM