Wacom MobileStudio Pro

Discussion in 'Artists' started by BobBee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Dani,

Thanks for the tip on the pressing #9 for VIP Customer Service for financing customers, unfortunately it does nothing with their current system.

I also found the instructions on the bottom of the financing page that mention using #9 too. When pressing #9, on my cell, either nothing happens or it restarts the initial machine voice over and over.

Did it work earlier for you or anyone else? Maybe my phone number has to be recognized by their system for it to work, else everyone could skip to the top of the line. Been on hold for like 15 minutes so far, so I'll ask about this too.

1(855) MY-WACOM (699-2266) Financing Customers can press #9 during the introduction of the phone recording, this will skip them to the top of the line for technical support assistance.

DaniJoy likes this.
  2. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

^That still strikes me as very weird, maybe even sleazy, how the people who buy it on a loan versus paying up front not only get VIP customer service, but a "free" 3-year warranty.

Revisiting this from six months ago: Did anyone pay their loan off entirely after the first month or two and can personally confirm there were no hidden fees? "Klarna" won't accept me as a customer because I don't have enough credit history, so I'm looking to get my parents or any close friends to buy it through financing and then wire them the $3000. You can probably hear my annoyance at the whole situation through the text ;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

IMHO, getting an extended warranty of such an expensive portable device is essential. I also recommend getting an extended warranty (3 party such as Best Buy) for Samsung products as their customer service is worse the Wacom.

If people can get the 3 year coverage and pay off early that sounds excellent.

4. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

^Yeah thanks. ;) I literally have zero interest in the loan aspect. I already saved up the $3000.

So, hoping someone can personally confirm they took the 3-year financing plan, then just paid it all off after the 1st or 2nd month and only maybe paid a tad extra since it was 12% APR (like maybe $50?).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    WillAdams likes this.
  5. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I was going to get the loan and pay it off early as described, but I bought on the first day it was on their store and the loan was not even an option yet. So we can add another gripe to this situation. :)

WillAdams likes this.
  6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

When I tried it last December it rang directly to support. No wait. I have not tried it since then.

I have found support times short and Wacom is fast to fix issues I have had. My MSP was repaired and returned in 10 days, and I've had two express key remotes fail. They replace them immediately.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. Quillback424

Quillback424 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received the below cable on Amazon. I ordered it this morning and the Prime delivery just arrived. I hooked it to a Anker USB 3.0 hub plugged into a wall and it is charging my Mobile Studio Pro 16.
    USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable, TriLink 2-Pack(3.3ft,5ft) Durable Braided USB C Cable, High Speed USB 3.0 A Male to Type C Sync and Charging Cables with 56k Resistor(Gold)

8. Quillback424

Quillback424 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, I had the Wacom linked to my quad core laptop and saw the charging icon but it was for the laptop. When I unplugged the link the above cable was not charging the Wacom. Bummer.

9. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having a massive offset (2 inches) only when I am using my finger as touch input when drawing in applications such as a sketchbook. What's strange is touch anywhere outside the drawing space with any apps or outside is no issue. Pen functions as normal anywhere.

Also, Wacom has the worse support. I sent off my mobile studio 13 for repair under warranty and they told me after 2 weeks that due to a dent on the corner of the housing (very cosmetic), they won't continue with the repair unless I cover the cost myself which they quoted me $1800. Simply rediculous.

Also, I can't seem to get the 3d scanner to pick up anything in Artex studio.
    I can't get support from Artex themselves because I did not register with my email. Anyone having the same issue?

Also, the fans are constantly on even on idle albeit not very loud. Is the normal?

I wish there was a disassembly guide somewhere on the net.

10. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

These horror stories about the quality of Wacom's customer service after purchase are all too common. I too had many problems starting with the Companion 1 and the charging port problem which, after many emails and complaints from lots of other buyers, they finally acknowledged responsibility for a bad part. But during that process I was treated as though I abused my tablet. I found that attitude offensive. I again had a problem when my third Companion 1 would not charge beyond 80 percent. They fixed that and replaced the entire motherboard but when I got it back I found the LCD screen had light leak blotches on it...five of them. And not on the edges but in the work area. They said that was from being old and that it was my problem but they would fix it at my expense. I wrote many emails back and forth before they said they would fix it at their cost. I told them it was perfect when I sent it to them for the battery fix.

So I don't know what to say other than this seems to be a systemic problem within Wacom...to do everything to discourage people from returning items or getting them fixed. I was glad to finally get my Companion 1 back and in decent working order but I am truly hoping for decent competition against Wacom...for this one reason only. The way they disrespect their customers almost as a policy.

I once read that insurance companies make it a policy to always turn down a policy holder's first request for payment for something covered under their policy...because statistics told them that close to 80 percent do not challenge the turn down. So it is profitable for them to continue. I sure hope Wacom learns this...that customer support is high on the list of why someone buys their product and that they are losing people like me because they ignore this.

I hope you get this worked out with them. Right now all they have going for them is barrel rotation on the stylus...and I am learning to do without this...and keeping my eyes open for competitive products.

Shizaru and kvoram like this.