Wacom MobileStudio Pro - Please help

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ApolloJoe, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloJoe

ApolloJoe Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I've recently acquired my MSP i7 512

There were some initial bugs so I decided to restore to factory settings.. during this process the device was frozen ( I left it overnight for the process to finish, it got stuck around 93% ) forcing me to turn it off, coming from a mac user, I've spent the last couple days trying to figure it out, the device was acquired in a different country, I cant return it also my Macbook Pro is dead, so I am desperate need to try and fix this..

Now it just loops on prepare, then restarts over and over again.

I managed to get it in BIOS, I prepared USB boot using Rufus on a friends laptop with the .iso installed on it (downloaded from MS website)

inside the Bios ( InsydeH20 setup utility ) I dont seem to have any available boot options stated on Wacoms website for the recovery process please see the attached images and if anyone can help me I would really appreciate this, it is driving me insane, I wouldn't wait to do work on it!!

Attached Files:

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'd love to be able to help, but I don't have one of these.

Have you brought up your issues with Wacom directly or in one of their forums?

If they fail to help, (which sadly, is likely; Wacom has been losing a lot of credibility lately in their customer service dept.), you can try to re-install Win10 from a separate source yourself.

If that's beyond your tech ability, -which isn't uncommon for people (you need another PC and a USB stick or DVD drive and enough patience to work through a bunch of complicated how-to sites), then you can take it into a PC repair shop and tell them you need Win10 installed.

So long as the hardware isn't defective, they should be able to get you going for a fee.

Windows 10 can be a very difficult program to service. I miss the days of Win7.

Hopefully some other members here will have better advice.

Good luck!

3. ApolloJoe

Thanks for the reply,

I'm keen to do this myself as I'm running out of options, so making the most of the weekend to try and resolve, the only problem is with this BIOS / EFI it doesn't give me the option to boot from any other drives, or put the thing in legacy..

Pressing F9 upon boot takes me to a windows recovery, but I cant do anything with it as there isnt a user created and all the options needs an admin user + password, there is a option to reset PC but that doesnt work either, it just says a problem occured or something...

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Did you see this:

http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?t=143

If all else fails...

In the past, one thing I've had success with is pulling the hard drive and putting it into an enclosure to work on it from another computer without having to depend on a BIOS menu. Getting into the MSP might be a pain, though. I've only seen tear downs of the last version of Wacom's tablet, and parts of it used adhesive. Not very user-serviceable that way.

5. ApolloJoe

Hi all!! After many hours and trials I've managed to solve the problem

The solution was this particular BIOS isn't wasn't that straight forward. If anyone else is having the same issue, or would like to boot from USB, be sure the partition is partitioned correctly, I can't remember exactly what I did, but using the recovery tool there were options, I literally had to go through different partitioning options to the Iso file until one actually worked, next is to boot using manager (in BIOS) and select the USB drive, or when the system starts hit F12, highly recommend purchasing and ancient keyboard with USB input, one that doesn't require software install, then then a USB-C adapter makes things much easier when your device is half bricked!

stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.