Wacom has lost their !@#$#% minds

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DRTigerlilly, Feb 20, 2019.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Contacted Wacom USA after seeing the Bamboo Stylus Feel 2 on the UK site. (I don't want it personally, just keeping on top of all things EMR)
    Wacom USA doesn't have it in their inventory...I get escalated to support
    for this dude to tell me that oh the replacement for that device is the Bamboo Wacom Ink

we need ALL the new emoticons for me to express my horror, annoyance et al....

Off course I had to educate him that um....no that's not it...

Edited to correct stylus name and link.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

could you clarify a bit more. I just checked Wacom's UK site and I can't find any mention of this Bambo Stylus 2....is this a new EMR Pen?.....if so technically it would be the successor to the Bamboo Smart Pen "for Samsung devices" which was the last EMR Bamboo pen they put out.

Not surprised though that the US Wacom might have been a bit confused. All the regional Wacoms aren't exactly timed with each other for releases. Both US and Europe are behind Japan in mentioning the Slimmer Cintiq Pro Pen 2. That and Wacom has released so many different "Bamboo" Pens (alpha, duo, solo, smart, smart for 2 in 1, feel, fineline, etc) over the years.....Bamboo Stylus 2 could quite easily refer to almost any of the many pens in the Bamboo line.

3. DRTigerlilly

@darkmagistric It is the Bamboo Stylus Feel 2, I missed that in my original posting, but not in my communications with Wacom.

I gave them the model number and everything....
    CS-3002W & CS-3002
    it's a successor the Carbon/or Feel Stylus.

I already posted about it here on the forum last week, and it's available in black and white.

Sad that there is no coherence between the different regional offices/stores.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

by chance was there a press release indicating that is indeed a successor to the Feel Stylus? A few things I find suspect.

The original Bamboo Feel Pens were succeeded by the Bamboo Smart Pen......that would be an odd move... to move back to the Feel name.

Additional the pen looks exactly the same as the original Bamboo Feel Pen.....even right down to the Nib.......few exceptions like the HP Zbookx2 and Acer Switch 7.........but EMR is still kind of near exclusive to Samsung devices......for them to release a new Feel/Smart EMR pen....would cater almost exclusively to Samsung device owners.....and all the Samsung devices are rocking the new super thin toothpick nibs.....which this pen is clearly not. Even 3rd party Samsung EMR pens.....like the Stadlear Norris Pencil.....use the thinner nib.

Truthfully I think this is just a re-release of the original Feel Pen....or its just the original Feel Pen.....with a 2 thrown into the name for whatever reason. Since the original Feel Pen has been discontinued for some time....(in the US is was anyway).....if there was enough of a market demand for that specific pen (more locally)....they could have reinstated the product.....which could explain the use of the 2.

And actually.....googling that product code.....that is indeed the original product code for the Feel Stylus. I'm fairly certain now that is indeed the original Feel Pen. In which case since it uses the old nibs, it probably wouldn't work well with any recent S-pen device.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not something I own but the same product is available in the Wacom Europe store. I live in the UK so can see

UK Wacom Store - white feel 2 stylus.

EU Wacom Store - white feel 2 stylus.

We even have to pay extra in the UK as normal compared to EU and US prices for all things technical. (angry emoticon)

6. DRTigerlilly

You are probably right....the original code was CS-300 though and the Bamboo Smart for Samsung (Galaxy Note) CS-310.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019