Wacom has finally released official 7.1.1-12 TabletPc drivers. Great news for Vivotab Tf810c owners!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tonitti, May 19, 2013.

1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

You can grab them here:

http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_711-12.exe

Finally Wacom has released new drivers for TabletPcs, almost 7 months after the Tf810c launch but they are here! I wanted to test them before posting, but after 5 minutes with them I can tell that they seem to work great!

Wacom techs seem to have fixed the bugs of the beta version; palm rejection seems to work well with Sai at last, I have to try it more, but I finally can rest my palm over the canvas without accidentally picking color with the eyedropper o registering right clicks.

They also seem to have fixed the bug that made the "ripple" effect over the cursor when doing fast brushstrokes in Photoshop. I have tested the ultra old Photoshop 4.0 version but I suspect they will work equally well in the latest versions.

I'll continue to test them, I will edit this post if I find any bug.

Please wrote your experience using them, with these drivers I'm sure you will love using your Vivotab as an art device as much as I do, specially using Sai and a autohotkey toolbar like the one I posted in another thread.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/55812-sai-ps-toolbar-extended-based-ps_sai_toolbar.html

EDIT: I can confirm that the drivers work very well with Photoshop CS6, just take care not to use very complex brushes and to set the brush icon cursor to "precise", that improves the brushstroke speed on the Vivotab dramatically , but for art sessions I recommend using the older 4.0 or 5.5 versions or any other specific art program like Sai.

EDIT 2: Does anyone know if this driver release add support for Surface Pro owners? I suspect the answer is yes but I'm not sure.

EDIT 3: Unfortunately the aforementioned bugs in Sai still remain, that is, palm rejection doesn't work properly; when I rest my palm on the tablet it sometimes registers right clicks while I'm doing brushtrokes (and the pen tip is always close to the tablet surface, never leaving the "active" zone). That makes an unexpected color pick or switches to pan "hand mode"; that is very annoying, and so far It doesn't happen in Photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

Someone mentioned that in another thread and said that the right-click modifier doesn't function as "select tool" in OneNote 2013 and MX.

Can you verify that?

3. Tonitti

Sorry I do not own Onenote 2013, I hope someone else can confirm this.

4. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a free version in the MS store (the MX version), and I heard that the bug affects that one as well.

Any chance you can try?

5. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm the one that mentioned that the select tool doesn't work with the pen, but there's a way around it. It's not the best, though. This works with both the desktop and MX version.
    If you tap on the screen with your finger the little circle which you can use to highlight text will pop up. In other applications, moving this circle left and right will select text. However, in OneNote, it will extend and become the dotted line select lasso. It's annoying in OneNote MX because if you tap the screen the keyboard pops up, and it's nowhere near as easy as the pen method of doing this. The functionality is there, though.

Also, I must also say that the drivers have fixed the extremely annoying bug in OneNote MX where if you (often but not always) finish erasing, or start handwriting, or do anything else with the pen the keyboard would suddenly pop up, lag the page, scroll it up and down, and generally be an enormous nuisance because you need to waste time to minimise it and get to your previous position on the page. That bug was present in Wacom's beta drivers, but I don't know about the Vivo Tab's factory drivers. Anyway, it's fixed for me, and I'm very glad.

6. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

is it possible just testing the drivers. means if I am not satisfied I will recover to the old one?

7. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

That sounds like a painful way of doing things.

The second part is extremely great! That bug was driving me nuts all the time. I suppose I'll consider installing these drivers.

8. schwarz86

Can somebody please answer my question whether it is possible to roll back the update or not?
    I want to give it a try but if the cons are bigger than the pros I will have to uninstall it again because I am a frequent user of wacom within MS OneNote 2013.

9. Tonitti

Yes, I have installed and uninstalled wacom drivers several times with no problem, even the beta drivers were easily uninstalled, you can use Revo Uninstaller if you want but the regular uninstaller leaved no traces. If there is any problem in the future you just need to delete the wacom preferences, but I never needed to do that.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. schwarz86

Thank you for your answer, but you were a little bit too late. I already installed the new driver and I have the opinion the driver is workin better than the old one (at least it is not worse).
    As I wrote before I usually use the digitizer within Microsoft OneNote 2013 for writing in lectures. Hence I have to wait until I can give a deep report about the functionality. Shortly I can say that it works quite fine but we will see.

There is a new point in the system control - hardware and sound called "Pen Tablet-characteristics" with some new options concerning the digitizer.

Even Word 2013 Recognises the Digitizer now (I don't know whether it did it before or not). Even the pressure sensitivity runs quite good. *impressed* :)

Last edited: May 23, 2013