Wacom Feel-it Drivers for TabletpC : no more middle click ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by xxxxx, May 8, 2019.

1. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

hey all,

I just bought a refurbished HP x2 1013 g3 (wacom AES 2.0 MPP 1.51).
    With the recent wacom drivers (> 7.5.1-xx), I can't find any option to map the middle click on the side buttons of my stylus.
    On my Yoga 720 15IIKB with wacom feel driver 7.3.4-38, the option is still here.
    If I use the HP Rechargeable Pen on the Lenovo, it's recognized and the side buttons work as middle click and right cick. Unfortunateley I can't get 7.3.4_38 to install on the HP.

It seems Wacom removed the option to map middle click sometime between 7.3.4-52 and 7.5.1-29.

7.3.4-52 revA gives me right and middle click option, but I loose tilt sensitivity and there's an issue with the right/middle clicks sending 'scroll down' command when they are pressed, so I'm currently trying to find older drivers (>7.3.4-52 and <7.5.1-XX) to get the middle click functionnality on the HP x2 1013g3 (ideally with tilt and no issues).
    anyone had old drivers somewhere ?

alternatively I'll have to find a way to remap the barrel buttons. TabletPro is not working reliably on HPs.
    any help is welcome. Thanks

edit : just found this wacom component drivers page but no drivers fits my requirements :
    http://www.wacomeng.com/component/wacom-components.php?auth=3944830928

edit 2 : Nevermind, the side keys can be remapped with autohotkey (somehow it didn't work with HP's customized drivers, but it works with wacom 7.6.1-22) so everything is working fine now.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    boombyte and WillAdams like this.
  2. boombyte

boombyte Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello.
    I asked that in NotebookReview forum.
    But I have T902 and some others wacom-tablets.
    Can you explain this---
    edit 2 : Nevermind, the side keys can be remapped with autohotkey (somehow it didn't work with HP's customized drivers, but it works with wacom 7.6.1-22) so everything is working fine now.
    1---what is autohotkey? Is it HP utility or Lenovo?
    2---Where I can get wacom 7.6.1-22 drivers? (For some strange reason I can't open that wacom-link)

3. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

it seems the Middle Click is back in the latest wacom Feel driver 7.6-29 (see the release notes, under 'Resolved Issues').

if it fails, then you can try to remap the buttons using autohotkey or auto-it. refer to the documentation for in-depth explanation.

TDLR :
    • install autohotkey
    • using the Wacom Driver, assign unused keys to the side buttons of the stylus (in my case, F11=TopBarrel button, F12=BottomBarrel Button)
    • create an autohotkey script to remap F11/F12 to RightClick/MiddleClick.
    • save the script with ahk extension (ie : remapbuttons.ahk) and place it in your auto-start folder ( %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp ). Make sure `.ahk` are autorun with autohotkey.
    the script would look like this :
    Code:
    #IfWinActive
    F11::MButton
    return
    F12::RButton
    return
    note that you can also remap different keys depending on the active program like so :
    Code:
    #IfWinActive CLIPStudioPaint.exe
    F11::^!
    return

#IfWinActive Teya.exe
    F11::^
    return

#IfWinActive
    F11::MButton
    return
    F12::RButton
    return
    the script above detects if ClipStudioPaint is the active window, if yes, then F11 (my side button) become CTRL+ALT. if TEYA.exe is the active window, F11 becomes CTRL, else F11:MiddletButton, F12=RightButton. You can remap any key to any program using this structure, you just need to know the active window name/running process name, and use the correct autohotkey syntax (refer to the ahk list of keys).

Please report back if you have a working solution.
    good luck.

boombyte likes this.
  4. boombyte

BIG thanks for the info!
    I'll check it little later. Hope it will works.

5. boombyte

Hi.
    Unfortunately, it even doesn't install correctly driver. It gives the message
    "This utility requires Wacom Pen driver. " and http:// address Wacomfeel. Was Tested also with Fujitsu T725 (its own driver has 3 buttons)-- it shows 3 buttons but they are work incorrectly all don't work at all in some selection.