Wacom Feel for Tablet PC driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by RockRaccoon, Feb 29, 2016.

1. RockRaccoon

RockRaccoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Have any of you with Wacom EMR tablet PCs had trouble installing Wacom's FEEL driver? http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/
    I just got a new tablet PC, a Fujitsu Lifebook T936. It has a sticker on it that says "Feel, by Wacom". The computer has no Wacom drivers on it. It's rejecting the Wacom Feel driver as well, which says "A supported tablet was not found on the system" when attempting to install. What?? Does anyone have any clue what's going on here?

-I called Wacom, and they claim that the computer does not support Wacom Feel (even though the Wacom Feel sticker is right on the computer).
    -I've reformatted the computer in case some sort of bloatware was interfering, but it's still not recognizing the tablet.
    -I don't see any drivers on the computer that might be tablet related.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Both models of the T936 have a Wacom Feel digitizer, the specs name it ("dual digitizer"), Fujitsu provides drivers for it, and most obviously it comes with a Wacom pen!

Check the BIOS for any settings about the digitizer (I don't think there are any, but there might be), then check Windows Device Manager for "Wacom Device" under "Human Interface Devices" - vendor ID 056A in case it shows up as "unknown device". Remove it completely (right click, choose "uninstall", check the "delete the driver software" checkbox, and uninstall), reboot, run Windows Update. It should install the proper drivers by itself. If not, install the driver provided by Fujitsu.

If that fails, replace the unit.

3. RockRaccoon

RockRaccoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys! So for those who went out of your way to help me, thanks so much! Turns out Fuitsu did finally upload a driver for this computer, and it's working just fine =] Thanks you all!

Rondo60 likes this.
  4. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Info helpful. I have a T935 and Fujitsu's pre-installed Wacom driver pen controls are bare bones minimal in comparison to their stand alone tablets- no pressure curve and no way to save settings for individual programs. Mine has the Wacom Feel sticker too, and looking at Wacom's site it seems it has more control features than Fujitsu's, yet it appears from your lack of success installing it that Fujitsu's are set up to use only their driver.
    I may be mistaken, but I wonder if ATIVQ or any other Fujitsu tablet users have had any luck installing Wacom's Feel It driver from Wacom's site and getting it to work. It just seems so much better than the one put out by Fujitsu.

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/