Wacom Feel Drivers

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by HitokiriChibi, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HitokiriChibi

HitokiriChibi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right place to really put this but man, I just had to share.

I own a Samsung Series 7 Slate primarily for digital art and if there's one thing I don't do often it's check for driver updates.

If you haven't checked out Wacom's website, you may not have realised they released their Wacom Feel drivers back in July this year for Tablet PCs of both the Win7 and Win8/8.1 varieties.

First major change I noticed: Palm rejection.

No longer does my pen spaz when I have my hand resting on the screen to draw.
    No longer do I need to disable touch completely.

Second major change: Programs support touch gestures.
    Maybe this isn't super new since I always disable touch completely but it made me super happy to realise I could seamlessly switch between

Photoshop CS5 - You can use two fingers to pan around the image.
    Mischief - You can use two fingers to pan, pinch zoom and even rotate the canvas.

Third major change: 25 point callibration.
    Yup, ditch that default 4 point and move on up to 25 point callibration that really lets you set where the edges of the screen are.

Fourth major change: Wacom Pen Settings.
    Below are some screen shots of the Pen Settings windows and one thing that really intrigued me was their option of a radial menu. I'm still trying to figure out what short cuts I'd want to put there but it certainly does help with the whole - just grab your slate and stylus and who needs a keyboard anyway kinda feel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 9tamara9

9tamara9 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm soooo happy that i discovered radial menu :)
    So far i only have three shortcuts set: pen, eraser, and undo, but even that made my drawing experience soo much awesomer :)
    Before i was only drawing on autodesk's sketchbook, mostly because sketchbook has built in radial menu,
    But now i can use any other software with the same functionality,
    i switched to manga studio and it's great :)

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

It's the best Wacom driver update in YEARS. I love my radial menu.

4. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the ativ 500t and my biggest problem has been the horrible palm rejection and the really bad portrait calibration. This driver fixed the calibration option, but the palm rejection is horrible for me. My Samsung note 8 has way better palm rejection. Just waiting for one note on android to developed page size option.

For now I still have to turn off touch whenever I want to ink. Otherwise, my palm moves the page all over the place as I ink.

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone else having a problem where the buttons are reversed?

I think this may have something to do w/ my trying out a Bamboo Stylus for 2-in-1 devices on my machine....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.