Wacom Enhanced Tablet PC (Feel IT) Driver 7.2.0-4 Now Available for Download

Discussion in 'Artists' started by surfaceproartist, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

radial menu for tabletPC users???
    This isn't the Wacom I know...

cool!

Jamie-B and T-ravisty like this.
  3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

With the previous driver my cursor (without any calibration) was slightly to the south and left of the nib - a very comfy position for a right handed guy.

I downloaded this new guy on my x230t and everything went wacky. The cursor was at least 1.5 to 2mm to the right and down of the nib. Un-installed and reinstalled the driver serval times and same results. I started to wonder if the slice battery had anything to do with it... And it did! I removed the battery and reinstalled the driver and everything is nice and dandy now. I'd may even say that edge drift had decreased on my x230t; I haven't tested on my SP1 yet.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

4. stoneseeker

Whaaaaaaaat. That is weird. So installing it with the battery effected calibration?? But using the slice battery after installation doesn't effect it? I should try removing the batteries on my T902 when installing the Wacom driver. I had to fight tooth and nail to calibrate the cursor out from under my pen tip on my driver, it was a pain in the butt.

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

My bad, I didn't explained myself good. Since I got my slice battery I kept it attached to the x230t all the time; and so it was when I installed this new driver for the first time and it had horrible calibration off the bat.

But then I removed the slice and just kept the stock 9 cell battery on while I reinstalled the driver and kaboom, the cursor was pretty much under my nib when using my Feel IT Bamboo Carbon pen. Haven't reattached the slice since so I'll try that later (it's not 10pm yet...) and see how it goes.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

6. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

I thought the radial menu is for Intuos and Cintiq users only... anyway, it's a good move.

7. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Woah. The radial menu is great, but what's really blowing my mind is that the calibration is substantially better, even on my old Cintiq 18 pen. It seems like they may be trading some corner accuracy for better tracking in the center, by moving the calibration points further from the edges, but that's fine by me.

When's the last time Wacom *added* functionality to a driver?

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've experienced some issues with the new driver on my first gen Surface Pro. The tablet driver turns itself off after only a few minutes of operation and the only way to get the pen back is to reboot. I uninstalled the driver and it worked fine. I ended up reverting to the July drivers and haven't had the problem since.

Two other SP owners also reported having similar issues but not as often as mine. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

9. stoneseeker

Just installed it today so I'll let you know.

quick question? How do you guys assign shift, or do you ever? If I assign shift to one of the radial menu buttons it doesn't work like a modifier (like holding shift to select multiple items) .
    I had my second pen button mapped to shift which was really handy, what is everyone elses work around for lacking shift modifier??

EDIT: a workaround i found to get my T902 hardware tablet button to read Shift was to press ctrl+shift. these two don't interfere with one another if shift is held last, so this works for now. FOr some reason Shift is not allowed to be pressed on its own as a button for the hardware buttons.

EDIT 2: yes it does interfere with shift actually. grr. modlock it is.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  10. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

Hi stoneseeker have you tried Modlock? Very small and has shift,ctrl,alt, plus 4 or 5 other keys you can assign.
    lblb was kind enough to upload it here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/mic...ctrl-click-without-keyboard-2.html#post321169

If you are runnig win8 and get a message saying mscomctl.ocx not loaded or registered incorrectly, see my post here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/artists/43665-modlock-how-changed-my-digital-art-life.html

It works great on my ep121 and helix.

Have a good day. hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.