Wacom Enhanced Driver Penable Device

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CF77, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buda81

buda81 Pen Pal - Newbie

maybe it's something interfering with it, but not a big issue, I only use cs5 for texture, mainly use maya.

2. alexands

alexands Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I'm on a samsung series 7 slate.

3. wicked1

wicked1 Scribbler - Standard Member

For me, 32bit adobe doesn't work. (no pressure) 64bit is OK.
    one note is ok, artrage is ok.
    Followed post 294 instructions.

4. alexands

I gave up getting pressure senstivity to work on Windows 8 and reverted to Windows 7. Now pressure sensitivity works, thanks to the instructions on this thread. However, in both Photoshop and Lightroom I find that after I use the stylus, when I lift and move it away from the screen, it scrolls the picture down (assuming the picture is zoomed out at larger than screen size). Also, if I scroll the window down deliberately, when I move the pen it scrolls back up. Any ideas on why it does this and how to stop it? I've turned flicks off.

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

once pen is lifted around 4mm from surface, touch resume. "touch control" app is your solution.

6. alexands

Thanks CF77. However, in the meantime, I ended up following a solution from the Samsung Forum http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/47561-wacom-pen-driver-configuration-calibration.html. It was as simple as installing "Wacom Digitizer Pen (Driver) (ver.7.0.2.25)". Its the only driver that seemed to work perfectly for me. Note that the thread also says to install the Wacom Digitizer power set driver (Driver) (ver.1.0.0.2) but I could not find this driver online and it did not seem to matter. Now I have complete pressure sensitivity with no other issues.

There are instructions to get the pen settings app to work on that same thread.

Just to clarify, I have the Samsung slate, not the EP121.....

7. buda81

buda81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Alexands, did you install the 7.0.2.25 on Win 8 or Win 7?

8. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

For Windows 8 CP, is there anyplace that allows for Pen calibration anymore? I have Wacom drivers in place but my pen doesn't line up with the pointer. Yet I can't find the ability to calibrate it anywhere.

9. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

EDIT -
    WINDOWS 8, PRESSURE SENSETIVITY, AND CALBRATION...I HAVE IT WORKING!!!

After 2 hours of dedication, I first followed porongos advice with a slight modificationHERE to get the 707-4, but it didn't seem to download. More on that in a minute...

I then downloaded 706-6 from HERE per CF77's instructions.

I then followed the basic instructions from CF77 in his now legendary Wacom Penable Device thread at the top. I had pressure and touch but could not calibrate. There is a decent thread about that HERE, but it was for the Samsung Series 7 and also Windows 7 (as it referenced a Start Menu).

Then, looking for the 707-4 with google I stumbled on 707-4 MOD. Which I checked a thread on. I made a system restore point, installed and VIOLA! Pen calibration, pressure, and everything. There is still a small lag on Artrage when using the Watercolor brush. This has been there with every instance of the drivers I have used.

For complete clarity, here is what I did.

FIRST -
    CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT. No matter what you do, make one every time you install the drivers.

SECOND -
    Installed 706-6 from link above.

THIRD -
    Restart computer. Run CCCleaner on Registry only. Fix all issues.

FOURTH -
    Restart

FIFTH -
    Downloaded 707-4 MOD from HERE.

SIXTH -
    Install 707-4 MOD.

Everything works, calibration available, very exciting stuff!

So, if MS would just make Disabling Touch easier, and fix the bug in OneNote that doesn't recognize pinch and zoom, this would be a perfect tablet.

Many Many Thanks to CF77, Chumomo, porongo and everyone else that helped with this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. donwhite1943

donwhite1943 Pen Pal - Newbie

To CF77:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but do you know if anyone has managed to get pressure sensitivity on the EP121 working with Toon Boom Storyboard Pro?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.