Wacom Enhanced Driver Penable Device

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CF77, Apr 12, 2011.

1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Edit: goto post 219 for the latest and greatest.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I am sharing this info to help relief those just like myself who are experiencing BSOD after installing the Wacom Penabled Driver Driver 7.01-8 (RC) for Penabled Tablet PCs from Wacom site.

This is not an official Wacom Pen driver for EP121. This patched driver includes an component patch provided to me during the course of trouble shooting with Wacom. I have been using this for three weeks without a single BSOD. It works well with stock EETI touch driver but it does not work well with the EETI TOUCH Win7 Driver pack direct from EETI website.
    This driver patch is Not intended for other computer devices neither. If you do not have BSOD issue ..don't need this patching method.

Related thread...
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/38327-ep121-blue-screen-death.html

I think this patched driver is still a 64 bit driver. I have pen pressure with Artrage (not sure it is a 32 bit or 64 bit version come with EP121). It works with the 64bit Onenote, Journal, sticky notepad and ms paint also work.

I do not have Photoshop, nor SketchPro. I could not tell you how the patched driver performs with photoshop Sketch Pro etc..in either of their 32 bit or 64bit versions. Members with different softwares should report whether this patched driver would help them.

Not sure you need to re-install th photoshop or sketchbooks..pro etc. to recognize pen. I did not have to re-install the Artrage and Onenote. The pen works right the way.

*******Important****************************************
    You should aware that there is no technical support. Nor anyone is responsible for any damages to your system or any financial loss arisen when you choose to install this unofficial patched driver.

Until Wacom release an official fixed version that we are all waiting for, this patched driver is not a permanent fix.

You can find the zip file here do a virus check before use.

Edit delete zip file..as 702-21 has been released by Wacom

Edit....Wacom has released the fix..see later post #59 for the file link.

Instruction..Ensure you read these steps below before proceed.

download and unzip file to a Temp folder of your choice. There will be the two folders.

ISD_DualTouch_702-18_web
    hidfilter

Ensure your EP121 is plug in power.

Create a System RESTORE POINT...

If you have had installed Wacom enhanced graphic 701-8 rc, or had been experimenting with
    Wacom Asia Driver 505-7, Fujitsu 5.1.1, or hp tm2t wacom pen driver etc with your EP121.

It advisable to uninstalled them first before proceed. The starting state of your EP121 should be with ASUS oringinal Wacom pen driver.

You can find the driver in device manager hid section and/or windows installed Programs.

Uninstall and Reboot

Window will find new hardware and will again re-install the Wacom pen driver..7.0.1.0 back to original state.

Check if you have a "pen" sub-folder under folder C:\Drivers\...I would delete it.

I would do a registry clean.- I used ccleaner

Reboot.

To install

now goto ISD_DualTouch_702-18_web folder ...click to run setup.exe

IMPORTANT: Do a reboot after installation.***********

goto "Step Z" below just hope you don't get bsod during reboot. A usb keyboard is handy here. Select boot normal if you can. Otherwise, your system will try to fix itself by restoring. You have to start over again. or keep select boot normal until you got through..using volume key to select and press the round key as enter.

>>
    if EP121 rebooted without bsod..then follow "Step Z" below

"Step Z"
    => goto device manager..Find and select "Wacom USB ISD" in hid section. then goto driver tab ....(if you could not see the usb isd..then reboot and if it is still not there then you have to repeat previous steps with cleanup.)

choose "Update Driver",
    select "Browse my computer",
    Select "Let Me Pick",
    Select "Have Disk" and finally "Browse" and goto hidfilter folder.
    select the wacomhidfilter.inf file to update driver.

Then reboot.

you will find the extra pen icon in control panel=> "Pen Tablet Properties". do you pen calibration if required. setup pen buttons as you wish.

Important..************** After reboot...
    Windows update will inform you there is a newer Wacom Pen Update waiting for you in the optional section. The update was published on 2010-12-08.
    Important*** that you Do Not use this Update. I have hided and ignored this update so there is no accidental update. If you had setting the the Window update automatically. You want to take control of the automatic update feature for this installation.

edit..works for both bios 401 and 501
    ensure usb hubs for the wacom pen are set not to sleep.

In order you to have pressure..you must have these two devices
    wacom virtual hid driver 2.9.2.4
    wacom usb isd 1.0.3.4

and three mice...
    hid usb isd mouse
    hid eeti mouse
    wacom mouse

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

CF77, you are my hero! Thank you so much! This works beautifully! Sticky this thread!

I can confirm the following software working with pressure sensitivity; ArtRage, OneNote, Photoshop CS5 32bit & 64bit, Illustrator CS5, Sketchbook Pro 2011, Sketchbook Designer 2011, Painter 11, and ZBrush 4. I could not get pressure to work in Maya 2011, but given how finicky that program is I would imagine it is more of a Maya problem than a Wacom driver problem. Prior to this, half my software would work with the new driver and the other half with the old one. I don't think Maya ever worked with pressure.

Now I will rule the world, hahahahaha!!!

3. kary

kary Pen Pal - Newbie

Same impression as the above so far. Thank you very much for posting those :)

4. dondecastro

dondecastro Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to update on my experience with this new driver

First and foremost the drivers are awesome!

but wanted to point out that I encountered a little bug that happens when I come back from Hibernate --- When I open up programs that use wintab driver (i.e. photoshop or painter) the cursor of the pen is offset by about 6 inches.

The way to fix it is in services, --- stop and restart TabletServiceISD and you should be good to go.

I have photoshopCS3 and painterX so I can't speak for the newer versions of these programs.

Also I don't run into that problem at all with sketchbook pro, so my assumption is its the programs that use wintab driver.

Hope this helps anyone out there

Happy sketching!

5. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Pen Pal - Newbie

works great, much more accurate after calibrating with these drivers than the default one for me. works in sketchbook, pscs5, and artrage. that's all I need.

thank you. Getting very comfortable with just 256 levels of pressure and will most likely sell off my intuos3 to offset the cost of this wonderful tablet.

6. CF77

If your EP121 sleeps for a long period..the usb could be powered off and when it does wake up..it does not recognize the pen.. the system may automatic reinstall 7.0.1.0.

you need to redo section to install hidfilter. inf

if you lost your virtual driver. the isd program must be uninstall from program and files. and then restart the whole installation as first post again.

7. Hawkz19

Hawkz19 Pen Pal - Newbie

When I tried to do "Step Z" I didn't see a specific "Wacom USB ISD." I tried to apply it to the other Wacom drivers listed thinking maybe for some reason mine was named wrong but it said that I already had the latest drivers. Even so, I now have pen pressure sensitivity in Photoshop CS 5 64 bit and the Artrage that came with it. I don't have any other programs to test it with. I haven't experienced any blue screens related to this issue since updating.

8. CF77

check what do you have for hid and mice section in device manager after reboots.? as per end of the post #one in this thread.

9. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

i got slate today...and like Hawkz19 i have only "Wacom Pen" on device manager... after installing ISD_DualTouch & updating driver for that from folder... windows was unable to install some drivers for some NEW usb device... and whole pen input disappear.

I think we havnt got\slate havnt got sth that you didnt mention.... remember we have "out of box" windows.

what OTHER things we must install before?

maybe this? :
    wacom virtual hid driver 2.9.2.4
    wacom usb isd 1.0.3.4?

maybe we have newer version than "the Wacom pen driver..7.0.1.0"

pleas paste link to "the Wacom pen driver..7.0.1.0" if you have

10. CF77

if you uninstall isd driver.. then reboot ..win 7 will re install 7.0.1.0 by itself. follow post one cleanup registry.

after install 702-18 web. do a reboot this time before goto step z.