Wacom EMR vs. N-Trig vs. Wacom AES

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kumabjorn, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

So, I traced my route back the same way I came and was actually able to find my lost TruPen, unfortunately so had a car or five. Smashingly though it still (kind if) works. As you may notice on the pics the buttons are Bowe pretty much useless. Toshiba is selling replacement pens in Japan though so I might just order two. uploadfromtaptalk1424937136231.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424937149435.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424937165926.jpg

Marty likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Kumabjorn, -I'm amazed that you even found it again! I've lost bigger things on roads before, and they're just *gone*.

Poor thing. That's one unhappy pen.

Talk about a cautionary tale! I probably don't appreciate enough the little garage where my TPC stylus lives.

I wish you luck in finding a speedy replacement.

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Maybe you should order more than 2 and start an eBay business =P

4. Kumabjorn

It takes no lickin but keep on tickin

5. Kumabjorn

They'll be released in other markets too, just a matter of time.

6. Mesosphere

Yea but people will lose their pens before that happens (also I was kidding).

7. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Smashing! You found it. When you get your new pens this one looks like a candidate for dissection. I would be useful to take one of these apart and see what can be modified. For example I would really like to rotate the clip so that the buttons face up when it is in the tablet. Then I could add some small bumps to the buttons for tactile registration. Or modify the pen barrel shape to have more grip.

8. Mesosphere

Yep.

9. Kumabjorn

Buttons facing up? I'm not sure I understand.

10. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

When you clip the pen into the device the buttons face the edge of the tablet. There are little rubber stoppers on the edge of the tablet that hold the pen into place and keep the button from become pressed. This position protects the buttons from damage and I speculate keeps the battery from being drained if the buttons were accidentally and continuously pressed while the pen was parked.

One of my biggest complaints about the device and the pen in particular is that I can't feel the buttons when I am sketching. The perfectly round section and smooth aluminum allows the pen to easily rotate and I frequently fumble to hit the eraser button. While beautiful, the pen and buttons are too smooth for my taste. I would like to add some bumps to the buttons and a Sugru grip near the tip. But I have to work around the tight tolerance of the pen when docked. If I could rotate the clip (without just loosening the battery cap) I would have the buttons face up when docked so that they could have bumps.

Clearly this is some kind of fanatical thing. But I can't help myself when it comes to customizing gear I like.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.