Wacom EMR Phone/Tablet LTE/3g 7"-8"

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by ScottyK, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORTOX

ORTOX Scribbler - Standard Member

Does the Active 2 have an option with a cellular modem? From Steve's original link it looks like it Wi-Fi only.

2. ScottyK

ScottyK Pen Pal - Newbie

3. ORTOX

Nice! That's a pretty sweet device. Here in the US that page has no information regarding cellular. I think it's neutered here.

4. ScottyK

ScottyK Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I bit the bullet and went for the Active2.. the availability here in Australia is better so got it delivered overnight... I must say it's a nice device. For drawing the lower screen resolution is much less of an issue than I expected and the emr pen is a delight to use. The rugged case is sure to save my bacon at some stage plus makes the tablet easy to grip. Even the audio isn't too bad.. it probably goes louder than my note 5 phone. All-in-all I feel this could be the best on-the-go sketchbook/notepad/(phone :) ) replacement!

WillAdams and kneehowguys like this.
  5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I believe I saw a listing for it on Amazon.

6. ORTOX

Very cool! What applications do you use to get this to function as a proper working cell phone?

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

So, I have a question that is on-topic if a bit tangential to the title of this thread. If I wanted to pick up a Samsung Tab A/S/whatever with an 8-10" screen, an S-pen and LTE and preferably - but not essentially - a FHD or better display, at least 2GB ram and an SD card slot, how do I navigate the myriad offerings on eBay, Amazon and places in and outside of the US, from whence I hail, to find me a device that fits within those wide parameters, the LTE being the feature I might most easily do without. In searching for such a device I find several going from Kit-Kat to Marshmallow and ranging in price from $175-$300 new, possibly less refurbed, I find it almost impossible to hit any number of bulls eyes. I'm looking to replace/upgrade from my Galaxy Note 8 Tablet, circa 2013, which has served me well but is pretty much too out of date and running out of gas in terms of battery power, cpu power, wifi speeds, etc.

Any and all suggestions/links appreciated. I know I should probably start a thread and fill out the absurdly long form to get a proper response to this, but I'm always for skipping past the bureaucracy and cutting to the chase, and it sounds as if several on this thread have gone down that route. I'm not so keen on paying $400, if in fact I could find such a device as the Active identified by the OP. Thanks.

8. ScottyK

ScottyK Pen Pal - Newbie

Well it is a little heavy but definitely something I can put up with. I say this adds to the sturdy feel. Performance is smooth..no lag (I haven't tested games). I came from a note 5 and it seems just as fast if not faster...

Works like a phone out of the box.. :) The mic is a little obscured by the case I think.. I have reports I don't sound as loud as my old phone.

10" screen gives you more options.. wouldn't the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen SM-P580 or P585 do the trick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.