Wacom EMR compatible pens

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kumabjorn, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Didn’t see a thread that holds a topic like that together, instead they go of on a tangent for each separate product. Here is one that might interest this looking for a durable alternative. I give you the iReader X-pen.

ATIVQ and bloodycape like this.
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Despite this guy running a site completely dedicated to Wacom EMR e-readers, this seems like a clueless review. Is there a single digital pen that uses a CERAMIC nib? I can't imagine a corporation that went "hmm, this nib is going to be constantly dragged against a plastic or glass surface, let's make it from a ceramic material so it scratches the hell out of everything."

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I think he is referring to the Apple Pencil. Almost everybody compares tablets to iPads these days.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

5. twospirits

twospirits Scribbler - Standard Member

I honestly don't consider any review on their site as a review. More like a commercial for the products they sell. Still, they usually are the first ones showcasing a new product before anyone else.
    That iReader X-pen is interesting. I'm tempted to try it out.

6. stoneseeker

Noris jumbo digital pencil is now available but for some reason in Canada amazon, the only options for it are $154. lol Importing to Canada from Amazon.com however would be $50USD, more reasonable, but still a little ridiculous. Will wait for it to become easier to obtain from Amazon.ca I think.
    Amazon.ca : https://www.amazon.ca/LAPICES-ESPEC...eywords=Staedtler&qid=1604436891&sr=8-15&th=1

Noris purchase page (scroll to bottom) : https://www.staedtler.com/intl/en/discover/noris-digital/#section-26100

7. twospirits

twospirits Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow That is crazy. Probably since its being sold by 3rd party and not directly from Amazon. But is that $50 on top of the current $38.37 USD price on Amazon dot com? if So, wow.

8. stoneseeker

no, thankfully $50 USD total after shipping and import fees. That's roughly $65 in CAD, but certainly more reasonable than the current hiked 3rd part prices yea. Still, these days trusting packages to make it across the border easily is a crapshoot.

twospirits likes this.