Wacom Driver for C-140x Vista (32bit) ok?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Flook, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadRavenOo

MadRavenOo Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering if I 'need' to update the C-140x with the wacom driver or not?
    (or does it already come with the latest drivers from wacom? anyone notice the difference?)

And where is the driver?
    On the site it brings up a file to download , but it only mentions for XP
    (are these the same? just doesn't say vista?)

I'm just wondering as I thought I remembered someone having more issues after installing the drivers, so I just want to be sure of which drivers it was.

thx in advanced

2. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

There is a bug with the Wacom drivers and Photoshop. You first need to download the 5.05 drivers here.

Then, follow the steps here.

There is a problem where the pen won't line up with the cursor in some graphics apps. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Wacom and they provided the fix above.

About why you want the Wacom driver... well, it adds preasure sensitivity. If you want to draw, you'll want this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. tomtheweirdguy

tomtheweirdguy Pen Pal - Newbie

That links to the Graphire drivers. Are you sure they can be used with the Penabled tablet? They have a different page for the TabletPCs. Did Wacom suggest using that driver?

4. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, Wacom told me, over the phone, to use that one as it's more updated than the one on the tablet pc page (5.03).

5. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

Alright, I did the fix. Will awful things happen to my computer beause of this, or does it work?

6. Fly High

Fly High Time to name this baby

A few days ago Wacom just released version 5.05-7.

I have not yet updated Wacom drivers. Should I get version 5.05-7? Or version 5.05-5?

7. ironfinger

ironfinger Pen Pal - Newbie

i dunno, but I did install the latest. It did the fix photoshop. However, ArtRage and Alias Sketchbook lost sensitivity. I'm not sure if that happens with .-5? Anyone know?

8. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

did you do the registry edit too?

I am going to have to install the new version soon. i've had it a few times where after powerup, the Wacom driver crashes and I cannot use the pen. i have to reboot and it works. This has occured AFTER the regedit for the calibration issue.

9. ironfinger

ironfinger Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, I did the regedit to get photoshop to work. But when I do that, I loose sensitivity in Alias sketchbook and Art Rage.
    Also, with the regedit, photoshop looses calibration when you rotate the screen to vertical, or 180% mode. I think we need a better fix for pshop than the regedit deal.

10. MadRavenOo

MadRavenOo Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree, but till wacom releases an 'official' tablet pc driver, I think we just have to deal with it.

It's annoying not being able to recalibrate and the not being able to use the vertical screen orientations.

But at least the sensitivity works and the pen is calibrated well enough to work with (still better to draw on tablet pc screen than a separate drawing tablet, IMO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.