Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah typical wacom stuff - the touch version will cost a few hundred dollars more.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually I’m pretty sure the HUB uses something else. I’ve played with the HUB and it’s pen at a Microsoft Store a couple of times.....it’s defintily not using a Surface Pen. No clue what pen tech it’s acctually using, but I doubt it’s using N-Trig/MPP.

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Be thankful it’s only a few hundred more. I remembered when they first starting adding Touch options for the Cintiqs.....the Touch Model 24HD costed $1100 more then the non-Touch Model.

WillAdams and Azzart like this.
  4. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

.....Christ.

5. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Some more info-

32" looks sweet, $3300 :(
    I was going to get 24" for $2000 + 4k monitor for $1300. Maybe I should get 32" instead lol
    Probable stick with 24". We shall see.

Marty likes this.
  6. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

They have not released a price (yet) for te 24" touch. Just when I think they turn the corner, they nail us again. Especially since the announcement made no mention is another 24" which means its probably in there, just FW disabled. I expect it to be $2500.

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Probably 5-600 more than the non touch version.

8. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

I would be stoked if they did a MSP2 so soon, but unless new leadership has lit a fire , wasn't the CC1 , CC2 , MSP wait time 2-3 years between each tablet?

I hope they dont step back on the mobile devices. I know they get allot of heat from the muggle hobby artists, but there are so few pen enabled mobile systems for power users.
    That HP does look great, it only lacks the pro pen 2, which i could probably live without.

9. AvalonX

I figure for sure we see an MSP2 this year but the issue is, Wacom really can't get things out any more. I don't expect major changes, new cpu etc. The gap between the CC1 and CC2 was not that long if I recall.

10. AvalonX

If so, this puts the Dell Canvas back on my list. The 2K price was almost something you could swallow but Wacom is to stupid to actually try to be competitive. Instead they will continue to lose sales to knock offs because they rip off their own customers. Let face it, most Wacom customers are probably repeat customers. Especially in the Cintiq line.

godofiron likes this.