Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Here's a theory...

Your handset is sending a hard coded Alt + F4, (close window), or a Ctrl + W (close current file you're working on, but leave program open), and CSP is getting in the way and interpreting it oddly. Those are Windows shortcuts.

If you can use AHK or KeyTweek or something like that to capture incoming commands from the handset, then you can just re-direct it to nowhere. But I'm not sure AHK is powerful enough to interrupt hard coded stuff like that. AHK comes with it's spy tool which offers decent insight into what happens when a button is pushed somewhere, but it might be limited to just keyboard inputs. It's easy enough to try; just install AutoHotKey and the spy program is part of the installation suite.

Azzart likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It would be odd if it was hard coded for an Alt+F4 or Ctrl+W since Windows just treats it like any Bluetooth Keyboard. There is no program, driver, or app for it on the Windows side. So there wouldn't be any reason for the auto shut off command on the tap to close a window or file. I'll try Autohotkey eventually. More annoyed I'd have to troubleshoot this at all, and the effort is kind of not even worth it.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

But you're doing it for the sake of science! :D

Art_N00b and Marty like this.
  4. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this is more or less The Troubleshooting Thread (tm) now, since wacom is so quiescent these days.

godofiron likes this.
  5. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

A couple of pages back I was lamenting the inability to rotate brushes in photoshop, and hence the utter uselessness of the express key remote (in my opinion). Today I got an email note from Anistasiy (the makers of the magic picker and magicsquire photoshop plugins) that touted a new feature in their magic squire brush manager plugin: the ability to set a keyboard shortcut for brush rotation!

Bought it, installed it, set it up and tested it out (this took several hours, BTW). Guess what? Every time you use the brush rotation keyboard shortcut, it adds a new entry to the tool presets menu, clogging it up with dupes. why is this so freaking hard to get right?