Wacom Cintiq Pro 4K 24" and 32" coming in January 2018

Discussion in 'Artists' started by kvoram, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

yeah and im holding off until the product matures a bit. the 27 had a few updates to fix hardware issues when it came out and we all know how much wacom drivers suck

2. cspaint

cspaint Pen Pal - Newbie

Good luck if these are 60Hz!!

3. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Good luck if you ever see this thing in January. Wacom is notoriously late and I would think these guys would be in production by now. They arent even talking about them. A bad sign if you ask me.

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just to add a little bit to the fire (as news has been sparse lately), I found a link to the official renders on reddit:
    [​IMG]

Doing some pixel analysis, we note that the 24" version has larger proportional bezels (~22.8% of width) vs. the 32" (~14.5% of width).

This gives an approximate width of 27.1" (24" model) and 32.6" (32" model) respectively.

Comparing to the Dell Canvas:
    [​IMG]
    Dell Canvas KV2718D
    Dimension: 792 x 446 x 13-23 mm (31.2 x 17.6 x 0.51-0.9 in)
    Weight: 8.4 kg (18.5 lbs)

and the 27QHD:
    [​IMG]
    Wacom 27QHD
    Dimensions: 770 x 465 x 54.5 mm
    (30.3 x 18.3 x 2.1 in)
    Weight: 9 kg (19.8 lbs) w/o stand; 25.1kg (55.1 lbs) w/stand

...we see that surprisingly the 32" Cintiq Pro isn't that much wider than the Dell Canvas / 27QHD and should take up only slightly larger desk space. (Hopefully, Wacom will be able to match the sub 1" thickness of the Dell and new Cintiq Pros.)

This makes the 32" Cintiq quite a bit more attractive...I was originally thinking of replacing my 22HD with the Canvas, but I think I've found my new dream setup. ;)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Um.....could care less for that 32-inch monstrosity........but hold the phone.....is that a smaller Mini Express Key Remote I spy with my eye on that 13/16 model?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it still coming next month? Hate waiting....time to move from my intuos 3 :)
    Absolutely no new news grrr!!

7. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I have my doubts. Nothing from Wacom since the announcement. You would think they would be showing them off by now. The thing with Wacom is they never announce a delay. You are just stuck in limbo. Hopefully, they have something at CES.